What's everyone's opinion on "Thundercats Roar"?

King_Bklyn

So as everyone knows, "Thundercats Roar" is the upcoming third animated series in the Thundercats franchise following the short-lived reboot from 2011. I was introduced to the original show by a cousin who recorded some episodes on VHS, instantly loving it. I thought the 2011 reboot was promising and definitely had potential, so it was disappointing to hear at the time that it wasn't coming back for a second season. So imagine my surprise when I heard that WB Animation were bringing back the Thundercats... In the form of "Thundercats Roar". Looking at the promotional poster and the short teaser, I was incredibly disappointed as many people and dedicated fans were. For them to take such beloved characters and basically downgrade them for the sake of comedy? It's insulting and I don't know what both Cartoon Network and WB Animation were smoking when agreeing on the concept. I get that this is more focused toward the younger demographic, but it's still pretty jarring that they would think everyone would accept this and not expect backlash. So what's everyone else's thoughts on this?

38 minutes ago, Koby said:

I don't like the derpy reddit-style art. Much preferrered the anime-style art of the last reboot.

The art style of Roar, and the latest TMNT series automatically put me off of them and I'm not even going to give them a chance.

The new TMNT series is quite an oddity, I admit but it seems to have potential in certain areas despite the art style and numerous changes to the characters. Weirdly enough, the action scenes are not that bad though. But as for Thundercats Roar, I honestly hope it fails but you know... "For the kids".

I was kinda lukewarm on the previous take on the Thundercats, but I'm looking forward to this one. I like seeing different takes on characters even if they're very different from the source material. I also enjoy the newest TMNT series while liking all the previous ones (including the much hated live action the next mutation series). I'm into lighthearted and goofy stuff, so the blend of comedy and action really appeals to me.

• 2 weeks later...