Newb here

YummyTea

Hi, I was taken here while searching for some torrents in nyaa. First impressions are that it is a well-taken care of site and cleanly organized (rarely see those nowadays). Also pretty secure and active I guess. I don't know if this is the right sub-forum to ask for questions (and I hope someone will answer), but I will go ahead and ask.

1) (Veteran-question) Since I can't access any projects yet (until I post this I guess), are there many who seeds the projects here?
2) I was led here because it hosted projects which I couldn't find elsewhere, but there were also those which I already have. In your opinion, is it preferable to have Kametsu releases rather than other releases?
3) I saw levels. Do I get to use more features/posts (like profile editing features as I can't seem to find it) as I level up?
4)I know there are FAQs and Guidelines here, but can you give me links to the really importants ones I need to read?

That's all for now, I really hope someone replies to this.

4 hours ago, YummyTea said:

Hi, I was taken here while searching for some torrents in nyaa. First impressions are that it is a well-taken care of site and cleanly organized (rarely see those nowadays). Also pretty secure and active I guess. I don't know if this is the right sub-forum to ask for questions (and I hope someone will answer), but I will go ahead and ask.

1) (Veteran-question) Since I can't access any projects yet (until I post this I guess), are there many who seeds the projects here?
2) I was led here because it hosted projects which I couldn't find elsewhere, but there were also those which I already have. In your opinion, is it preferable to have Kametsu releases rather than other releases?
3) I saw levels. Do I get to use more features/posts (like profile editing features as I can't seem to find it) as I level up?
4)I know there are FAQs and Guidelines here, but can you give me links to the really importants ones I need to read?

That's all for now, I really hope someone replies to this.

1) Most things created here are uploaded to file hosts. Torrents make their way to the usual public and private trackers: Nyaa, AniDex, AnimeBytes, BTN, PTP, BakaBT, MySpleen, CartoonChaos, etc.

2) Kametsu releases tend to be done to be archive-worthy and comparisons are done to ensure top-notch quality is maintained. The vast majority of releases are deemed the best available release on the internet for them, and the ones that aren't are those that have been trumped years after being done and typically by other members of the community here. Most of our releases end up being approved at quality-based comparison trackers like PTP & BakaBT, because we try our best to be to best and it shows.

3) Most features are gained after your first post. There is some sections you don't get access to until you've been a member a certain period of time and have a certain amount of posts.

Welcome to the community.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2018 at 11:18 AM, Koby said:

1) Most things created here are uploaded to file hosts. Torrents make their way to the usual public and private trackers: Nyaa, AniDex, AnimeBytes, BTN, PTP, BakaBT, MySpleen, CartoonChaos, etc.

2) Kametsu releases tend to be done to be archive-worthy and comparisons are done to ensure top-notch quality is maintained. The vast majority of releases are deemed the best available release on the internet for them, and the ones that aren't are those that have been trumped years after being done and typically by other members of the community here. Most of our releases end up being approved at quality-based comparison trackers like PTP & BakaBT, because we try our best to be to best and it shows.

3) Most features are gained after your first post. There is some sections you don't get access to until you've been a member a certain period of time and have a certain amount of posts.

Welcome to the community.

~I've checked out some releases already and I'd say it's pretty neat. This is now officially one of the sites I'd check regularly. I just want to ask though, because I can't seem to discern much on which releases are BD, TV, and Web-DL. Do you have a list of which are BDs? I want to share BD releases with my friends as much as possible.~

Scratch that, I just found out about the tags.

Also Admin looks like a Breaking Bad fan (best TV series I've watched in my life), I want pizza lmao

Edited by YummyTea
Problem Solved