Yu-Gi-Oh GX IRC links messed up

hamid1455

Every episode of Yu-Gi-Oh GX posted on the xdcc Kametsu by FakeEtzimal after season 3 episode 15 is the wrong one. Whenever I put the links to download the episode, it downloads an episode of Naruto for some reason.

For example this one is a season 3 episode if you try to download it:

/msg FakeEtzimal xdcc send #12197

New files are constantly added to that bot, so I suggest you double check the latest packlist by using /msg FakeEtzimal xdcc send -1 before sending through the command, OR use the BATCH command which will queue up all the files for you and send them to you regardless of if the order changes (or so I believe). I.e. /msg FakeEtzimal xdcc batch 12197-12207 for example. 

Edit: the Kametsu parser only updates every 15mins, so it will be out when new content is added. Again, recommend grabbing the packlist directly to double check.

Edited by Moodkiller

4 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

New files are constantly added to that bot, so I suggest you double check the latest packlist by using /msg FakeEtzimal xdcc send -1 before sending through the command, OR use the BATCH command which will queue up all the files for you and send them to you regardless of if the order changes (or so I believe). I.e. /msg FakeEtzimal xdcc batch 12197-12207 for example. 

Edit: the Kametsu parser only updates every 15mins, so it will be out when new content is added. Again, recommend grabbing the packlist directly to double check.

I wish the parser could be modified to update on page load (so when someone needs it) rather than just updating at certain intervals even if no one is viewing. Could just lower the time limit, but not sure how much load it'd put on things to just rapidly recache itself, but could certainly lower it some from the current 15min. It's simple enough to do.

Is there not a way to invoke the refresh.php function on page load? Though if that's possible,  I can see people spamming it and probly using more resources than just lowering the refresh time...

Edit: other option is just to link the refresh.php on the main parser page... But I have been advised against this xD

Edited by Moodkiller

What I'd do as an interim solution is to add a note on the parser page about the caching, somewhere near the top. Maybe right next to the search box on the left. 

Or if you want to get fancy, a live timer to the next update. Wouldn't actually be the trigger for it, just a countdown loop synced to the system clock or something. 

• 7 months later...
2 minutes ago, SWatTX said:

@Koby and @Moodkiller I've been having this same issue for the past 3 days where I'm requesting a file and I'm offered a random file that I did not request. The pack numbers do not update.

Nothing we can do. You need to say something in the channel to whoever owns the bot if it's a problem with a bot.

If it's simply the parser not being updated quick enough (which shouldn't happen outside of big packlist change), downloading the .txt packlist from the bot is always recommended for an up-to-date list. If the .txt isn't right, then it's a bot issue that needs to be reported to the bot owner.

• Koby locked this topic