Backup Software that runs checksums?

DRX

18 minutes ago, DaftMink said:

Unless your coping to a raid I'd suggest just adding the CRC32 to the filenames.

RapidCRC - http://rapidcrc.sourceforge.net/

That will be a painfully exercise though. TeraCopy will do that anyways all without actually adding the CRC to the filename.

Also, best to use the Unicode version of RapidCRC here: https://www.ov2.eu/programs/rapidcrc-unicode. That one hasn't been updated since 2005.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaftMink said:

Unless your coping to a raid I'd suggest just adding the CRC32 to the filenames.

RapidCRC - http://rapidcrc.sourceforge.net/

All my files already have CRC32 checksums, I only need a program that can verify there data while the data is being transferred to a different drive. That's why @Moodkiller suggestion works fine for my situation. 

4 minutes ago, DRX said:

All my files already have CRC32 checksums, I only need a program that can verify there data while the data is being transferred to a different drive. That's why @Moodkiller suggestion works fine for my situation. 

Oh, I understood from your first post that the files didn't have checksums in them... Heh. TBF, if you copy the files, you can just select all of them on the destination drive and open them with that Unicode RapidCRC programme. Just an extra step with that one after the initial copy  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

Oh, I understood from your first post that the files didn't have checksums in them... Heh. TBF, if you copy the files, you can just select all of them on the destination drive and open them with that Unicode RapidCRC programme. Just an extra step with that one after the initial copy  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry for not being to clear on that part @Moodkiller

• Thanks 1

I don't know what to use but don't use TeraCopy, this will definally break you're system files. :(

I thought I use this also because the faster the file copy, but after that all the files were broken / missing.

Never again will this be installed just like Acronis it can back-up but no restore always black screen, I use AOMEI or Acruim Reflect for this no problems what so ever. ;) 

Edited by DJHulp

12 minutes ago, DJHulp said:

I don't know what to use but don't use TeraCopy, this will definally break you're system files. :(

I thought I use this also because the faster the file copy, but after that all the files were broken / missing.

Never again will this be installed just like Acronis it can back-up but no restore always black screen, I use AOMEI or Acruim Reflect for this no problems what so ever. ;) 

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with TeraCopy, but I use it for both work (countless hours transferring client data) and of course I use it for personal stuff at home. Haven't had any issues with it other than it occasionally freezing.

Both Acronis and AOMEI don't have CRC checks like the OP asked for, so these wont suite. By any chance do you mean Macrium Reflect?? If so, then no, that also doesn't have CRC checking.

2 hours ago, DJHulp said:

Thank you for the info and sorry about your bad experience, but I'll still give MK suggestion a try ^_^

5 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

By any chance do you mean Macrium Reflect?? If so, then no, that also doesn't have CRC checking.

Yes, this is what I ment. ;)

Also I don't need to have CRC Checking for it myself, but I was wondering why still use it though.

Are there really people using it, I know you can download a file and check if it is the good file, but why bother?

3 hours ago, DRX said:

Thank you for the info and sorry about your bad experience, but I'll still give MK suggestion a try ^_^

You may use it but I only give this warning that this can definally happen to anybody.

Offcourse I stay away from it and it will never be installed on my PC ever again. ;)

Oh, by the way I use always GoodSync: https://www.goodsync.com/features

Apperently it also have Checkum MD5, didn't know that before.

Edited by DJHulp