Is my ISP screwing with me

blackblades

Is att screwing with me when downloading. Cause lately my internet both pc & mobile been getting aww snap crashes on tabs. Then when I download I get a error stopping it from downloading. It seems google drive download fine so far. Mega seems to download when using the app. Can't even download a video through rapidgator because of this. So are they screwing with me because I'm downloading to much, I have unlimited so that can't be the problem.

AT&T does NOT have unlimited. They claim to, but it is false. They cap out at 150GB on DSL and 250GB on U-Verse. They then slow down speeds and charge an additional $10 for every 50GB over the bandwidth limit each month. This is one reason why I stopped using them. Anyway, what you are describing does not sound like an ISP issue at all. It seems more like the computer itself is having issues. You may want to scan it with MalWarebytes Anti-Malware and run CCleaner afterwards to get rid of temporary files and to clean the registry.

34 minutes ago, ragnawind said:

AT&T does NOT have unlimited. They claim to, but it is false. They cap out at 150GB on DSL and 250GB on U-Verse. They then slow down speeds and charge an additional $10 for every 50GB over the bandwidth limit each month. This is one reason why I stopped using them. Anyway, what you are describing does not sound like an ISP issue at all. It seems more like the computer itself is having issues. You may want to scan it with MalWarebytes Anti-Malware and run CCleaner afterwards to get rid of temporary files and to clean the registry.

My mobile did the same with the aw snap crash once. I did scan with rogue killer and something else. Can't use malwarebytes cause rogue killer treats one of the files as a threat. Every time I try to install it it freezes. Had issues with it awhile back as well so I can't do that.

5 hours ago, ragnawind said:

Do not use CCleaner's registry cleaner if you're on Windows 10. You run the risk of screwing up Windows login and will be unable to log in.

5 hours ago, blackblades said:

My mobile did the same with the aw snap crash once. I did scan with rogue killer and something else. Can't use malwarebytes cause rogue killer treats one of the files as a threat. Every time I try to install it it freezes. Had issues with it awhile back as well so I can't do that.

Then remove Rogue Killer. MalwareBytes is a legitimate anti-malware program.

Given the fact you're having these issues on multiple devices, it is your ISP. I would verify you haven't reached your cap (if you do, in fact, have one). A good 'ol resetting of the router could do wonders as well.

4 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

Do not use CCleaner's registry cleaner if you're on Windows 10. You run the risk of screwing up Windows login and will be unable to log in.

Then remove Rogue Killer. MalwareBytes is a legitimate anti-malware program.

Given the fact you're having these issues on multiple devices, it is your ISP. I would verify you haven't reached your cap (if you do, in fact, have one). A good 'ol resetting of the router could do wonders as well.

Rogue killer works well to, used it last time. Did better then malwarebytes, like I said malwarebytes just don't work like it's suppose to on my computer as said before. Nothing shows up from that and other scans in safe mode and with rliller64 on.

• 3 weeks later...