[Bug] Like/Reactions Broken

ani-me

Well, just to make things clear, I am talking about this new "like" things

Ro8YDnH.png

Well, supposedly there are is a limit on each user class regarding the no. of "likes/reactions" they get per day. Earlier, in case you had already exhausted that limit and tried to like an item, you would get an error message.

However, it seems there are no error messages or warning of any kind implemented in the new system. So you might go on liking stuff, not realizing that they are not being registered.

Can this please be fixed..!!! I ended up making so many replies in the form of these reactions today, until I got suspicious due to not getting the usual limit warning...and now I don't even know which all posts I need to revisit..

• Thanks 1

That's not what I meant...

See....Earlier, we had a limit of...like..30 "likes" per day....

So, if we tried to give away 31 "likes" on the day..we'd get a warning that you have reached your limit

However, now if I try to 31, or even 4141324123 "likes" (likes, not sad, or confused, but just likes that count against the quota) within the same day, I don't receive any warning....it behaves just as normal...there is also a "x" button to remove the like....however, in fact, that like is never added to the post...what I mean is that the poster never receives the like...also, your name is absent from the the list of people who have given the "likes"...

So , the problem here is that the "like" giver might keep on passing out "likes" but those "likes" are never actually registered into the system, in other words, the poster never receives those "like" since the "like" giver had already exhausted his limit...

haha... my description above has to be one of the worst.... "like" givers 

7 hours ago, ani-me said:

That's not what I meant...

See....Earlier, we had a limit of...like..30 "likes" per day....

So, if we tried to give away 31 "likes" on the day..we'd get a warning that you have reached your limit

However, now if I try to 31, or even 4141324123 "likes" (likes, not sad, or confused, but just likes that count against the quota) within the same day, I don't receive any warning....it behaves just as normal...there is also a "x" button to remove the like....however, in fact, that like is never added to the post...what I mean is that the poster never receives the like...also, your name is absent from the the list of people who have given the "likes"...

So , the problem here is that the "like" giver might keep on passing out "likes" but those "likes" are never actually registered into the system, in other words, the poster never receives those "like" since the "like" giver had already exhausted his limit...

haha... my description above has to be one of the worst.... "like" givers 

I am with you now!! Lol, algood. Thanks for explaining. I wonder when your 30 like limit doesn't apply anymore??  Stop working so hard and spend some more time here to level up!! \o/

15 hours ago, Koby said:

I've reported this to IPS and they said they have been made aware of it previously and that it has been resolved in 4.2.6 so pretty much we just have to wait for it to be released and update the forum.

Thanks for the discovery & report @ani-me

Great...

Np... You know me... :D

Anyways, it's a great update...way more expressive than the plain old "like" system..

Oh...can I make a feature request? We/I need more emoji/emoticons/whatever...

9 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

I am with you now!! Lol, algood. Thanks for explaining. I wonder when your 30 like limit doesn't apply anymore??  Stop working so hard and spend some more time here to level up!! \o/

Hahah... History repeats, I am right, not you..!!!

Oh...I hope I can do so...this month's gonna be super hectic for me..and the commute doesn't help...and will have exams in the next...

Guess, I should be here, more frequently, in Jan...no promises though...