hujan86

Napping Princess is Great!

RM17 and 2 hours - totally worth it. I only found out about this anime 2 days ago and all I had to go by was a synopsis and a short teaser (less than 1 minute), yet I still had no idea what the plot is really about. This anime took a story that wouldn't be out of place in a super-boring TV drama and made it into something interesting, by including a parallel universe with magitek, mechas and transforming vehicles. The opening might be confusing at first, because it'll make you wonder about the movie's genre (Fantasy? Drama? Which one?), but things will pick up within an hour. Best anime movie I've watched in this year.

36339454716_428b85686c_d.jpg

It would be nice to see a US release. The UK also got a theatrical release of A Silent Voice and we didn't. Anime Limited really spoils you guys. :|

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/03/napping-princess-anime-film-dated-for-home-video-in-north-america

Following up on a limited U.S. theatrical run last fall, GKIDS and Shout! Factory have announced a date for the Blu-ray/DVD hybrid release of the Napping Princess anime film. Directed by Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Eden of the East), the acclaimed feature hits home video in North America on January 30.

Bonus features include an interview with Kenji Kamiyama, a special interview with the cast, the introduction at its Japanese release, Okayama Scenery, a special TV program, and a collection of trailers and TV spots.