Thoughts on Kametsu becoming private?

DRX

5 hours ago, DRX said:

So I was wondering, what if Kametsu went private like a private torrent tracker would it be better for the community and would it be beneficial for uploaders? I would like to hear the community's thoughts about this idea.

I feel like this discussion was already had a few months ago, was it?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Darkshadow6400 said:

It was. Koby decided against making it private, which I agree with. 

O, sorry didn't see the post. Probably better then if it isn't private, just wanted to hear the pro's and cons of such a discussion. 

cant see benefit in private also- the only upside i can see is bit more safety against legal issues

esp for anime i doubt publishers give a shit outside of US and maybe couple other countries, because they dont distribute there anyway.

for those who afraid of public torrents because they dont live in a cool, piracy friendly, country, theres xdcc option and kametsu releases on major private trackers. 

cant see a benefit of a tracker either, if you ask me we have 1-2 too many and end up having to scout in 4-5 places and even overlooking good releases

Edited by sfaxt
  • Like 1