DOCTOR WHO 13th Doctor Announcement Trailer

Dervell

I'm not real surprised. We've had a female 'Master' so why not a Doctor.....

It will be strange but maybe they want to improve the female demographics, besides if anyone has been paying attention to the BBC the last few years they have been demoting/firing people and replacing them with people to make the company more 'diverse'.

It's all about image.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your post is bad and you should feel bad.

Not only is the term 'tranny' inappropriate...you also, clearly, lack any knowledge of the show's lore.

The Doctor. The Master.
Neither were the first of the Time Lords/Ladies to switch 'genders'.

Hell, some from Gallifrey even have had more than one head.

So, yeah.

• 5 months later...

From what I understand, a time lord's race and gender are both fluid because I am pretty sure I've seen one of the Doctor's flipping out thinking they didn't regenerate into a human like species. And seeing Missy and that one Time Lord on Galifrey change genders when regenerating, it was only a matter of time before this happened. To be honest, I think this has a very good chance of breathing new life into the show and has so many possibilities to be great. Sadly, like any show with change, it also has some potential to fail. I for one and hoping for it to be awesome, and will wait to see it before I judge it bad or good. The only thing I can say I hate about it is I hate her costume, it looks like a child's Mork and Mindy outfit and a little on the bleh side. I think they should have either picked something to flatter her new female form or picked something like the last three Doctor's outfits. This so called nod to previous Doctor's with the rainbow and stuff just does not look cute, cool, awesome or anything other than making her look like a child...Hmmm, maybe that was what they were going for seeing how they sometimes make the Doctor look kind of childish until needing to be serious. Time will tell I guess :)