American Gods renewed for season 2

Koby

Starz has ordered a second season of its high-profile fantasy series American Gods, which premiered to solid numbers on the pay-cable network April 30. The series, produced by FremantleMedia North America, has already netted more than 5 million viewers across its multiple platforms.

QShfwac.jpg

Bryan Fuller and Michael Green’s series, based on Neil Gaiman’s 2001 novel, posits a world where America has created its own set of cultural deities — gods manifested into reality based on decades of national obsession over things like technology and consumerism. At the same time, America has also welcomed centuries’ worth of old gods from all over the world, brought to the country by generations of immigrant believers, but as these worshippers have waned, so has the power of the old gods.

The series follows one such ancient figure — Mr. Wednesday (Ian McShane) — and his human bodyguard, Shadow (Ricky Whittle), as they traverse the country attempting to alert the old gods of the coming conflict with the new gods. The eight-episode first season will conclude on June 18.

American Gods also stars Yetide Badaki, Emily Browning, Bruce Langley, Pablo Schreiber, and Crispin Glover; the first season also features Gillian Anderson, Kristin Chenoweth, Peter Stormare, Cloris Leachman, Mousa Kraish, Omid Abtahi, Orlando Jones, Demore Barnes, Chris Obi, Jonathan Tucker, Corbin Bernsen, Betty Gilpin, and a nightmare buffalo with fire eyes.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, noob447 said:

I'm liking this show alot and I'm happy it's getting another season but is it just me or is Shadow kind of a bad actor? I know (so far) he's supposed to be really confused and in disbelief but he just stays so stoic and confused to me.

He seems alright to me, but he does seem like kind of a one-trick pony so to speak... He was pretty much the same way on The CW's The 100 before they killed his character off to get rid of him after some off-the-screen dispute with those in charge of writing it. Apparently he had an anger issue and took it out on them because his character wasn't getting the screen-time he thought he should have.

40 minutes ago, Koby said:

He seems alright to me, but he does seem like kind of a one-trick pony so to speak... He was pretty much the same way on The CW's The 100 before they killed his character off to get rid of him after some off-the-screen dispute with those in charge of writing it. Apparently he had an anger issue and took it out on them because his character wasn't getting the screen-time he thought he should have.

Ah. I didn't watch but maybe 5 minutes of the first episode of that one so I don't remember him. He does seem to play angry very well so I suppose that's not a stretch for him lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like British fans of American Gods have a completely different perspective of Shadow Moon, since the actor used to be on a really popular soap opera over here and Shadow (and to an extent his character on the 100) are total polar opposites to the person he played on that soap, so I think he's actually doing an amazing job on this but I can see why everyone would think he's being typecast

Nevertheless, I love this show and can't wait to read the book

• 2 months later...