Titan Theme Menu Issues

ani-me

There are three iseus I noticed, not sure if they are present in all themes or just the "Titan" theme

1st

eb92b9695e.png

The menu should be above all other content

2nd

1d1bc4e02d.png

The drop-down for donation is empty

3rd

b20052e022.png

Activity>My Activity Steams

This drop down doesn't disappear even on mouseout, unlike other dropdown

1) This will be fixed with a z-index hopefully in the next update.

2) This is intended, for *reasons*.

3) It's opened with a click, makes sense it'd require a click to close. You can either click the same link you did to open it, or you can click anywhere on screen.

10 hours ago, ani-me said:

This drop down doesn't disappear even on mouseout, unlike other dropdown

10 hours ago, Koby said:

3) It's opened with a click, makes sense it'd require a click to close. You can either click the same link you did to open it, or you can click anywhere on screen.

Mouseout vs mouseclick. @Koby if you click  Activity > My Activity Streams and move the mouse out of the menus, only one menu stays.

14 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

Mouseout vs mouseclick. @Koby if you click  Activity > My Activity Streams and move the mouse out of the menus, only one menu stays.

Not sure what you intended to say other than to replicate what I already said. Again, working as intended.

It's opened with a click, makes sense it'd require a click to close. You can either click the same link you did to open it, or you can click anywhere on screen.

14 minutes ago, Koby said:

Not sure what you intended to say other than to replicate what I already said. Again, working as intended.

It's opened with a click, makes sense it'd require a click to close. You can either click the same link you did to open it, or you can click anywhere on screen.

lol, no no, go one step/level back, we are talking about this menu:

6f5d065295.png

The one you get when you click  "My Activity Streams" does disappear when you click  away, but the menu shown above disappears when you move the mouse away while the "My Activity Streams" menu is showing

17 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

lol, no no, go one step/level back, we are talking about this menu:

6f5d065295.png

The one you get when you click  "My Activity Streams" does disappear when you click  away, but the menu shown above disappears when you move the mouse away while the "My Activity Streams" menu is showing

Well yeah, because it's coded that way. It's not clicked to get into it, it's hovered, so of course when it's no longer hovered, it'll go away. Even if a sub-navigation dropdown is open.

18 minutes ago, Koby said:

when it's no longer hovered, it'll go away. Even if a sub-navigation dropdown is open.

We know why it goes away, but therein lies the issue @ani-me mentioned. Sounds like we should read that as "it's not going to get fixed because that's the way that part was designed."?

When you open that sub menu, just pretend there are ghosts around keeping it there :|

On 4/29/2017 at 1:19 AM, Koby said:

+ *quoting everything above*

Well, that's what the problem is. It isn't really that big an issue, but is inconsistent with the design. As an perfectionist with OCD, I find it troubling. However, if it was intended, then I guess it is fine. But it feels more like it was left like that because the proper method was too much trouble to be implemented. Honestly, it is an easy fix. On mouseout for the parent dropdown, you can trigger the hide function for all children dropdowns as well. A generic approach will benefit in future if any changes are made..

On 4/29/2017 at 0:29 PM, Koby said:

Well yeah, because it's coded that way. It's not clicked to get into it, it's hovered, so of course when it's no longer hovered, it'll go away. Even if a sub-navigation dropdown is open.

And this, this is where I believe the problem lies. imo that's not how it should be made.

10 minutes ago, ani-me said:

+ *quoting everything above*

Well, that's what the problem is. It isn't really that big an issue, but is inconsistent with the design. As an perfectionist with OCD, I find it troubling. However, if it was intended, then I guess it is fine. But it feels more like it was left like that because the proper method was too much trouble to be implemented. Honestly, it is an easy fix. On mouseout for the parent dropdown, you can trigger the hide function for all children dropdowns as well. A generic approach will benefit in future if any changes are made..

And this, this is where I believe the problem lies. imo that's not how it should be made.

Well I disagree. I consider it consistent and exactly how it should be.

• Koby locked this topic