What's anime tosho

blackblades

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2017 at 7:32 AM, sameer said:

A file sharing site which provides multiple file host links for torrents. It downloads from torrents then uploads them to multiple file hosters. It's not a data archiver so once the DDL goes dead, it won't be reuploaded.

So to make it clear for my slow brain, it downloads directly from a torrent to a site like mega. For like people that don't do torrents can download the stuff without messing torrents. Is it safe?

29 minutes ago, blackblades said:

So to make it clear for my slow brain, it downloads directly from a torrent to a site like mega. For like people that don't do torrents can download the stuff without messing torrents. Is it safe?

No, it doesn't go directly from torrent to filehost. Basically you've got an API/RSS scraper that reads new releases and automatically adds them to download on a seedbox. Then the server the seedbox is on is scripted to upload whatever is fully downloaded on it to multiple filehosts, create 5 screenshots of every episode, and extract chapters, subtitles, and fonts and zip them up so people can grab just that if they wanted to. Pretty much the entire process AnimeTosho does is fully automated. But the gist of it is, everything uploaded to AniDex or TokyoTosho that is English language tagged anime, gets caught by AnimeTosho bots, downloaded, and offered via file hosts on their site all automatically. They put limits on auto-fetches though of course to try and limit bandwidth usage; so any torrent over 15GB gets listed on AnimeTosho, but the files aren't downloaded or processed unless someone comments on the page and specifically requests to that it be let through so that they're only doing it if someone is actually wanting it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, blackblades said:

So to make it clear for my slow brain, it downloads directly from a torrent to a site like mega.

@Koby answered how the site works. I will add to it. I have seen MEGA file hosts being available as an option in some cases. Maybe they also upload to MEGA if someone requests or they just felt like mirroring it there. Also I have seen users post DDL in the comments section. So even if file host links might go dead, you can still check the comments section for any mirror created by users.

54 minutes ago, blackblades said:

For like people that don't do torrents can download the stuff without messing torrents. Is it safe?

yes no dealing with torrents. 100% safe.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sameer said:

@Koby answered how the site works. I will add to it. I have seen MEGA file hosts being available as an option in some cases. Maybe they also upload to MEGA if someone requests or they just felt like mirroring it there. Also I have seen users post DDL in the comments section. So even if file host links might go dead, you can still check the comments section for any mirror created by users.

yes no dealing with torrents. 100% safe.

Awesome! hate torrents. Thanks guys for the explanation.