Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory TV Anime Reveals Full Title

Koby

X2B4P86.jpgThe official website for the Full Metal Panic! franchise announced on Wednesday that the full title of the new Full Metal Panic! IV anime will be Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory. The television anime series is slated to premiere this fall.

Katsuichi Nakayama (series director for Planetarian, assistant director for Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, Bodacious Space Pirates The Movie: Abyss of Hyperspace) is directing the series at studio XEBEC. Full Metal Panic! original novel author Shoji Gatoh is handling the series composition and writing all the scripts. Osamu Horiuchi (Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid) is the character designer and chief animation director, and Aya Yamamoto (animation director for My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!) is the sub-character designer. Additionally, Takeshi Yoshioka (chief animation director for Classroom Crisis, Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid-) is the small arms designer and animation director, Kanetake Ebikawa (Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid) and Toshiaki Ihara (Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid) are the mechanical designers, Takayuki Yanase (Ghost in the Shell Arise, Gundam 00 mechanical designer) is the set designer, and Masanori Nishii (Star Blazers 2199) is the mechanical director.

Additional staff members include:

Prop Designer and Mechanical Animation Director: Takuya Matsumura
Mechanical Animation Director: Yu Kato
CG Director: Shōsuke Uechi
Color Key: Chiaki Kitabayashi (XEBEC)
Special Effects: Shin Inoie

The schedule for a stage event had teased in August that the event would have an "important announcement" for the franchise. The Fantasia Bunko Daikanshasai event announced in 2015 that plans for a new anime adaptation of the Full Metal Panic! light novel series were underway.

The website also announced that the second episode of the Odoru Very Merry Christmas (Dancing Very Merry Christmas) audio drama, titled "Yotei wa Mitei" (Plans Undecided), will launch on January 23. The website posted an image for the episode. The audio drama's first episode, "Queen's Gambit," is available now.

cK13b1Q.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2017 at 2:50 PM, ani-me said:

So, it will be a direct sequel, right??

They sure took their own sweet time....

That's what I'd like to know also. I wouldn't mind if they started from the beginning, and worked their way back through it with new animation and all that.. But, it would suck if it didn't do well and got canceled early like the original series did.

4 hours ago, Jakers80 said:

That's what I'd like to know also. I wouldn't mind if they started from the beginning, and worked their way back through it with new animation and all that.. But, it would suck if it didn't do well and got canceled early like the original series did.

Kind of the same thought here... Honestly speaking I am not surely which would be better...picking up now would be tough, new viewer might no go back and watch the older one..heck, even I might not re-watch it..and ofc the fiff in animation, while reboot will probbaly not work well for such a series...I think they'll make a continuation, most probably..

As far as I knw, this series will be taking place sometime after Volume 5 of the light novel, which happens to be the last volume published in english officially, and the end of the second actual season of the anime, TSR. It will be great to continue the series. I even just recently finished the first and second main series for the second time (Season 1 on DVD and Season 2 on BluRay).

21 minutes ago, sera366341 said:

what are the chances of this getting a dub within the next 3 years after it finishes airing ? 

It is very likely if Funimation decides to license it for the Fall Season, to have a dub within a year, depending on if they can get the original cast back, and if they have time to do it. If they can and they do license it, it could potentially also be a simuldub.

9 hours ago, ragnawind said:

It is very likely if Funimation decides to license it for the Fall Season, to have a dub within a year, depending on if they can get the original cast back, and if they have time to do it. If they can and they do license it, it could potentially also be a simuldub.

I'm sure Funimation could get most, if not all the original dub cast back for some new Full Metal Panic episodes. I believe most of the original cast is still working pretty regular (especially Vic, he's busy working all the time). Only 1 that may not come back is Allison Keith who played Melissa Mao, she's only acted recently for major roles such as Misato to my knowledge. Would kinda suck if she didn't return for the role, in which case Colleen would probably do it instead.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Soundgarden said:

Watched this show years ago and enjoyed it. Only thing is I watched it dubbed so I may re-watch it subbed just to get used to the voices. Doubt it will get dubbed any time soon.

Probably not, it's not a bigger property like DBZ is, so I'd guess it would be the normal 2 or 3 years before it was dubbed.

33 minutes ago, StarSaber said:

I can't wait to see this, honestly all the characters in the manga confused me so I hope the anime continues where The 2nd Raid left off. It's easier to understand the anime.

The manga isn't that good of an adaptation for this series. The original source was a light novel that was later adapted into a manga and the 3 released anime series. The anime series (FMP and FMP:TSR) covers Volumes 1-5 of the Light Novel, of which there are 12 volumes of the main story, while FMP: Fumoffu is based on the side stories Light Novels. Aside from anime, I would recommend the light novel over the anime, though it is pretty difficult to find nowadays since it was licensed. The english publisher never got past Volume 4 or 5, though, before seemingly dropping it, since the last one localized was released years ago.

• Like 2