Which is better, anime from the 90s or 2000s

Redprophet19

So this is a queston that is bugging me for a while, is anime from 90s better than that of the 2000s. Personally I thing the 90s with show like tenchi universe, and Gundam Wing and many others but that's my opinion.

Really this isn't something that can honestly be chosen between. The 90's and the 2000's have both had great shows, and both had horrible shows.

Some of the best (not saying they are the greatest ever, just saying the best of the decade) from the 90's were Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball Z, Yuyu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, and Rurouni Kenshin.

Some of the best from the 2000's include Black Lagoon, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Death Note, Gundam 00, Gundam Seed, Soul Eater, Eureka Seven, Spice and Wolf, and Basilisk.

Now if you are going for sheer number, then yeah 2000's got the 90's beat, but that's also because so much more is being done now days as well I believe. However the few that were great in the 90's were for the most part, really great, from start to finish. So several of them were higher caliber.

If you are going for in general, yeah the 2000's are getting kind worse, everything is leaning towards more and more ecchi Anime and shit, and we are getting less and less really outstanding shows. Think back to the 90's, ecchi was near non-existent (such as Yuyu Hakusho, although in DBZ you did have a perverted Master Roshi), while in the 2000's nearly everything (especially in in the latter years) revolves around ecchi to bring in the teenage horn-dog masses to watch. Because of all the horn-dogs teens who watch Anime, it's a sure thing even a crappy series will get watched if it delivers fanservice. So it's a fail-safe that Anime Producers have continues and grown into doing.

I'd say the 90's beat the 2000's by a bit mainly because unlike the 2000's, the animes in the 90's were unique to themselves and were drawn differently to other animes. the 2000's are of course still fantastic to watch, but they're too similar to each other in terms of art and story. although they did have a good number of animes like the ones listed above. no complaints there just that they need to produce more unique animes with a different drawing style, these days they all look alike to me (Just!), but thats my opinion.

• 3 months later...

I agree with Jinn3173 when he says the art is highly similar to each other in the 2000

but disagree when he says the stories are the same, sure there are anime currently where the main characters play robin hood idealists that either go crazy with the new power they've obtained, mainly naming

code geass and death note, but also adding in gundam 00 because they don't go CRAZY at all

but each of these has their own unique twists, plots, even worlds and timelines that differentiates each other and makes them their own. unless of course I'm misunderstanding you in which case please correct me

and I agree with everything Koby said, man I wish they'd stop with the etchi, but I spose thats never going to happen (I mean come on even Code Geass had some etchi), but lets all thank god that death not doesn't have any (again if I'm wrong please correct me, I forget).