Toonami Asia Premieres English Dub of Dragon Ball Super in Southeast Asia, India on January 21

Dervell

dragon-ball-super.jpg Toonami Asia announced on Monday that it will premiere the Dragon Ball Super television anime series in Southeast Asia and India on January 21. The show will have a "sneak peek" preview airing of the first episode on December 17. The airing will be the series' international English dub premiere. Toonami Asia is streaming a clip from the first episode with an English dub, but the video is region-locked and is only viewable in Asia (except in Japan) and Australasia.

Bang Zoom! Entertainment confirmed on Monday that it is producing this English dub for Toonami Asia.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/toonami-asia-premieres-dragon-ball-super-anime-on-january-21/.109258

Edited by Dervell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 09/01/2017 at 1:39 AM, Inverti said:

Or it may be due to a lack of interest. Obvious reasons. 

Lack of interest in a Dragon Ball dub... You must be new. 

Anyway, supposedly it'll be also airing on CN in African countries as well. If anyone happens to live in those territories and has a way to record we'd all greatly appreciate it.

Edited by NitroNeon

6 minutes ago, NitroNeon said:

Lack of interest in a Dragon Ball dub... You must be new. 

A Hedge Knight calling a Headhunter new? Come now, this is some bad joke. If any recordings were to be done for this series, it's for the widely acclaimed Funimation dub with Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat. Not this BZ dub. 

Edited by Inverti

Just now, Inverti said:

A Hedge Knight calling a Headhunter new? Come now, this is some bad joke. I'm not gonna make any wild assumptions, but if any recordings are to be done for this series, it's the widely acclaimed Funimation dub with Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat. Not this BZ dub. 

I don't care about your silly rank, time spent on this particular forum or your post count. None of that matters in real life.

If you seriously believe no one cares about alternate Dragonball dubs besides Funimation's you're either very young or haven't bothered to pay much attention to Dragonball communities outside your regular bubble.

3 minutes ago, NitroNeon said:

I don't care about your silly rank, time spent on this particular forum or your post count. None of that matters in real life.

If you seriously believe no one cares about alternate Dragonball dubs besides Funimation's you're either very young or haven't bothered to pay much attention to Dragonball communities outside your regular bubble.

Oh yes, I seriously think people only care about the Funimation Dragonball dub. Whenever Goku is mentioned, I only hear/see two names: Masako Nozawa and Sean Schemmel (the former is whom I despise with all my heart and soul). Alright, end of discussion. I'm not gonna perpetuate any arguments that could potentially get me in trouble. 

Edited by Inverti

1 minute ago, Inverti said:

Oh yes, I seriously think people only care about the Funimation's dub for Dragonball. Whenever Goku is mentioned, I only hear/see two names: Masako Nozawa and Sean Schemmel.

There's many reasons for this. Funimation are the only ones with the Dragonball distribution rights for North America, and since no other English anime distributor outside of the US is willing or able to produce their own English dub and release it on DVD and Blu Ray, this basically means Funimation are the only English dub available on disc and digital releases. There are small exceptions such as the early Pioneer/Funimation DVDs which featured the Ocean cast however these all predated Funimation's in house Texas dub and were owned by Funimation themselves. Along with all that, Funimation's cast are also the only ones contracted to do any videogame work which helps perpetuate and spread their popularity. It's just a matter of who had most control over the brand and the ability to release it, which at the end of the day was (and still is) Funimation. 

The alternative English dubs have always been relegated to television broadcasts either due to lazy/cheap distributors or complicated rights issues. The companies behind those dubs have historically also been less consistent in their output, choosing not dub all Dragonball material. The time sensitive nature of these dubs is a major reason to actually record and preserve them, because they're only available for a short period of time (this was the case for the European/Canadian DB, Z & GT broadcasts). The FUnimation dubs on the other hand are going to be around forever.

The Bang Zoom dub is a big curiosity for many Dragonball fans right now. Hell, just the fact that there was so much speculation over an Ocean Production's Dragonball Kai dub should be enough proof that people have an interest in alternate dubs. That version of Kai didn't even get a chance to air on television yet was still discussed endlessly for years. Even the Big Green dub has a cult following of it's own.

To the casual fan it might not matter but to the hardcore fans they definitely care.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...