• 1 month later...

If you got some time, there are a lot of (clues?) hidden messages. in season one they say "Three letters back" backwards at the and pf the intro. And at the end of each episode there's a sentence which is ROT3 (3 letters back,caesar chiper). And throughout the episodes there are other hidden messages.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's a very well-written cartoon with a very strong continuity and interesting plot/mysteries.
The characters are really likeable and overall it's also very fun show, lots of funny gags and clever writing.

Season 1 is mostly your standard show with each episode kinda being its own thing. It's really fun.
Near the end, things start getting freaky and Season 2 is definitely more plot-heavy.

Edited by skellero

• 1 month later...

I wish it hadn't ended because I think they could have done a lot more. I guess with Disney not knowing when to air it didn't help. Or maybe Alex Hirsch really did want to finish and Disney's incompetence didn't play a factor.

And since you asked on whether to watch it back in July, let hope you have watched it. It's very well put together; story and character development. I usually pass on Disney shows as they seem silly or childish but this one is fun and addictive. Great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ditto what everyone said above. The first time Disney aired a sneak peak short called Creature in the Closet. That got my interests peaked and I recognized Jason Ritter's voice for Dipper. Then they aired a preview for the 2nd episode the old guy asks the children "Now who wants to put on some blindfolds and get into my car?!"  I had to do a double take at the TV. I was like WTF is this show? Child abduction? No thanks. It wasn't until you watched the episode that you understood the context of the quote, a definite shot at dark humor in a kids show. And their is plenty of witty humor, great writing, great story lines. Everything clicks together. I watched the entire show with my daughters from start to finish and then found the extras on the web. Dippers Guide to the Unexplained were seriously funny!

Watch the background for extra characters that seem to randomly appear or do they? :D

• 1 month later...