Not receiving emails anymore

I all of a sudden I seem too be not receiving anymore emails from kametsu for followed topics  like I use too. I didn't change any settings on here and its on my safe senders list in my email. They are also NOT in my junk folder. Any help would be great because the email thing really helps me keep track better than the notifications for me.

4 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

1. Who is your email provider?

2. Have you read the below article?

I use the email I started with its good old hotmail and I use it several times a day everyday so not inactive for sure. gonna try changing too my second email and then back and see

Edited by Dr-Love55

I'd check to see if you were still still subscribed to the topics if I were you. Apparently the last IPS update a lot of users experienced losing all of their users they were following or being followed by so it's likely occured with topics as well. I don't know because I don't rely on email notifications. I check the actual forum via activity streams so I can keep up with all threads on the forum and see what is newly posted in. Gives me a bigger scope and such. If you just rely on email notifications you'll miss out on new stuff and a huge chunk of the forum.

Hotmail also isn't very good either and has been known to auto-reject mails without any kind of notice. A lot of private trackers actually ban the use of hotmail for users as a result. I'd really recommend gmail.

• Like 2

I've been having the same issue. None of the topics I'm following have been unfollowed, my email is the same yahoo email I've been using for 14 years or so (it's still very active), never changed my email for Kametsu, and the emails aren't in the junk folder. I noticed my very last new content email was June 1, which kind of coincides with IkarosBD's May 30 email update post previously linked above.

Kametsu probably thinks my active email is a disposable or inactive email. I don't visit the site everyday, so the email notifications are really important to me.

A lot of the time I notice it's only certain mails that get rejected. Some providers reject on the content of the message, e.g if their filters think it's spam or otherwise.

I'll take a look at the mail logs and see if I can figure out what the issue is. PM me the email address you use here, as I do not have direct access to that information myself.

EDIT: Hotmail and Yahoo accounts aren't blocked for any reason, and the filtering doesn't consider those disposable as they are actual email inboxes belonging to someone.

Edited by IkarosBD

Yeah especially about stuff in the download section. Email providers seem to block emails which contains post contents such as MEGA links etc... There is nothing we can do about this other than suggest you not use email subscriptions for the download section; or switch to a provider that doesn't just auto-reject (doesn't even go to spam folder) such emails.

• Like 1

@Dr-Love55 Mail logs on the server indicate you received a successful email from Kametsu on July 3rd at 20:21 Central European time. Before that, I have seen you successfully receiving mail between May 30th and June 3rd as well. Although I cannot see why there is a lapse in the timeframe, I can say that there are no rejection messages logged in the system log files for your email address.

@Bobburt Pretty much the same case with you. I cannot find any recent email deliveries for your address, but I can say that you also received emails successfully between May 30th and June 2nd. And again, even though there seems to be a lapse in mail logs between June and July, there are no rejection messages for your email address logged either.

I'll keep looking into this, but I don't think either of your mails are being blocked at the server, as there is no evidence of that. Double-check your topic subscriptions and whatnot and be absolutely sure you are subscribed to the topics you want to be notified of replies to. Also be aware that, like Koby said, many times emails are rejected by various email providers like Hotmail and Yahoo simply due to them containing content they consider to be spam or otherwise against their terms of service. There's nothing we can do about those, unfortunately.

So does what Koby said apply to Yahoo? If that's the case, I find that kind of strange because I was receiving them normally before June 1st. Maybe something on Yahoo's end changed since then? I don't really mind changing my Kametsu email if I have to to still receive email notifications. I've since added a Kametsu whitelist filter thing to my email so I wonder if that'll make a difference or not.

9 hours ago, IkarosBD said:

@Dr-Love55 Mail logs on the server indicate you received a successful email from Kametsu on July 3rd at 20:21 Central European time. Before that, I have seen you successfully receiving mail between May 30th and June 3rd as well. Although I cannot see why there is a lapse in the timeframe, I can say that there are no rejection messages logged in the system log files for your email address.

@Bobburt Pretty much the same case with you. I cannot find any recent email deliveries for your address, but I can say that you also received emails successfully between May 30th and June 2nd. And again, even though there seems to be a lapse in mail logs between June and July, there are no rejection messages for your email address logged either.

I'll keep looking into this, but I don't think either of your mails are being blocked at the server, as there is no evidence of that. Double-check your topic subscriptions and whatnot and be absolutely sure you are subscribed to the topics you want to be notified of replies to. Also be aware that, like Koby said, many times emails are rejected by various email providers like Hotmail and Yahoo simply due to them containing content they consider to be spam or otherwise against their terms of service. There's nothing we can do about those, unfortunately.

The email I received july 3rd was when I changed it too my second email then back too hotmail too see if it would work. I got that email but still no more and yes I'm still subscribed too topics even this one.

The "Please confirm your email address change" email

7 hours ago, Dr-Love55 said:

The email I received july 3rd was when I changed it too my second email then back too hotmail too see if it would work. I got that email but still no more and yes I'm still subscribed too topics even this one.

The "Please confirm your email address change" email

Yeah, I expected as much. But the server's delivering mail just fine as you can see - when it gets one to deliver. This seems more to me like the topic subscriptions you did have aren't subscribed anymore for some reason, because the board will send out an email for replies just fine if you tell it to - I get replies to this topic in my email, for example, so I know it works.

I'll confer with Koby, see if it was something in the software.

11 hours ago, Bobburt said:

So does what Koby said apply to Yahoo? If that's the case, I find that kind of strange because I was receiving them normally before June 1st. Maybe something on Yahoo's end changed since then? I don't really mind changing my Kametsu email if I have to to still receive email notifications. I've since added a Kametsu whitelist filter thing to my email so I wonder if that'll make a difference or not.

@Bobburt It can, but Yahoo's filtering isn't as strict as others so it doesn't happen nearly as often. I can verify the server's been delivering emails without problems when it gets one to deliver, so it's probably an issue with the forum software itself. I'll be checking with Koby.

21 hours ago, IkarosBD said:

@Bobburt It can, but Yahoo's filtering isn't as strict as others so it doesn't happen nearly as often. I can verify the server's been delivering emails without problems when it gets one to deliver, so it's probably an issue with the forum software itself. I'll be checking with Koby.

Ah ok, thanks. If it comes down to it, for some reason, I can change my email if that's the only thing that'll fix it on my end.

1 hour ago, Bobburt said:

Ah ok, thanks. If it comes down to it, for some reason, I can change my email if that's the only thing that'll fix it on my end.

@Bobburt I don't think you'll have to do that. Your email address is fine, I do not believe in this case it's at fault. It's probably something @Koby did by accident while he and I were working on the mail system, because from what I can tell, whatever outgoing emails the server receives for delivery, are actually being sent out successfully without issues. I haven't seen any rejections from Yahoo or Hotmail as of late.

Koby might have done something with the subscriptions at that time because back on the 30th-31st of May, we were actually dealing with a problem where a *LOT* of mails were actually getting rejected, which was what he and I were trying to troubleshoot...and subscriptions may have inadvertently gotten switched off or something. I don't know for sure. I already sent off a PM to him to see if this was the case or not. If this turns out to be true, I'll have a separate topic up in the Broadcast Station about it.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Bobburt said:

Not sure what ya'll did, but I finally received a "Kametsu Digest" email. Sweet job.

Well I did some IPS updates yesterday which fixed numerous email related bugs according to the 'release notes' anyways.

Good to hear it's working again.