The Shannara Chronicles (MTV TV Series 2015)

Koby

The Shannara Chronicles’ Renewed For Season 2 By MTV

MTV has ordered a second season of The Shannara Chronicles, its adaptation of the international best-selling fantasy novels by Terry Brooks.

The Shannara Chronicles — from Smallville & Into the Badlands creators Al Gough and Miles Millar and Iron Man & Jungle Book director Jon Favreau — had a modestly-rated premiere run on linear TV but did well in young demos, delayed and multi-platform viewing as well as on social media. The series averaged a 0.98 L+3 rating in MTV’s core P12-34 demo, ranking as MTV’s top-rated new series this year. Shannara also saw the highest average L+7 lift (+106%) for a freshman series in MTV history. A strong digital performer, the series pulled in 16.6 million streams across all MTV’s digital properties and ranks as the highest grossing digital download for a single season on MTV ever.

The Shannara Chronicles follows a trio of heroes who’ve embarked on a quest to stop a demon army bent on destroying humanity’s world. It stars Poppy Drayton as Amberle, an Elvin Princess; Invana Baquero as Eretria, a Human Rover; and Austin Butler as Wil, a Half-Elf, Half-Human.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Renzourin said:

Haha i read those books when i was younger i gotta look that shit up Terry Brooks created one hell of a universe there.

I watched season 1, it was pretty terrible. I honestly can't believe it got renewed. Seems the books are well received but the series changed up things so bad that it just became a laughingstock. By the last few episodes I was merely watching to see how much worse it could get. We ended up getting an underground high school rave fully intact, etc.

• Like 1