TV Anime 'Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen' to Air in Two Parts

Koby

UtDW8ue.jpgNBCUniversal Entertainment has announced at AnimeJapan 2016 that the upcoming TV anime Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen will be split in two parts. The first part, Mirai-hen, will begin airing in July 2016.

Mirai-hen features the main characters of the original Danganronpa game, which was adapted into a TV anime in 2013. The second part, Zetsubou-hen, will feature characters from 77th graduating class of Kibougamine Gakuen, who are featured in the Super Danganronpa 2 PlayStation Portable game. An airing date for Zetsubou-hen has not been scheduled.

An official website opened on Thursday with character designs from the Mirai-hen series. A new promotional video released at AnimeJapan reviews the story of the Danganronpa franchise.

PV

• Like 1

Gonna be sick. A copy of Danganronpa 2 should be in my hands this Thursday, and prolly done by Sunday - only took me 1 weekend to finish the first. Gonna watch the anime (based HTT), look for a copy of Ultra Despair Girls, hopefully play that and then start the wait for this. Hopefully I'll have some more disposable income by the release of Super Danganronpa V3 so I can just buy it from retail on release rather than hold off and hope for a good deal online.

P.S. - If you're new to the series, just go in blind. I was spoiled for the first game but luckily I'm going in blind for the second. The first was soooo good, even with spoilers. Without, it would have been a fair bit better, but it's an amazing game either way.

Edited by PDoggy77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/26/2016 at 4:26 PM, DeathTheKid said:

Are these two parts going to be their own stories or...?

The Mirai segment serves as a sequel to DR2, while Zetsubo is DR2's prequel, detailing the lives of the DR2 cast before they became Ultimate Despair.