Will season 1 of "Yona of the Dawn" ever be dubbed?

AnimeLocal

It has been awhile since Funimation released season 2 of Yona of the Dawn, does anyone know if there is any plans to dub season 1 at all? I personally would like to start it from the beginning and add it to my collection. I haven't really watched season 2 yet but have watched bits and pieces and the dub looks ok so far.

Edited by AnimeLocal

On 2015-12-01, 2:06:03, Kiniest said:

I believe the 2nd season was a simulcast test dub? When they actually release the anime on Bluray/DVD they're more than likely going to do a full, more professional dub for the series.

They do that? Just dub it for a test? Are they testing to see if people are willing to watch it or something? Is there a set release date for any dvd release date?

Just now, AnimeLocal said:

They do that? Just dub it for a test? Are they testing to see if people are willing to watch it or something? Is there a set release date for any dvd release date?

Well, if I recall correctly, after the success of Space Dandy, they decided to try simulcasting multiple different shows to give the actors and dubbing staff more experience and handling with the series before giving it a final dub. It's just something they've been doing for a while now. There's no release date or home video announcement yet, but you shouldn't worry. Funimation pretty much always dubs and home videos the shows they've licensed. Especially if they've simulcasted them. You'll just have to be a bit patient!

• Like 1

On 2015-12-02, 11:26:07, Kiniest said:

Well, if I recall correctly, after the success of Space Dandy, they decided to try simulcasting multiple different shows to give the actors and dubbing staff more experience and handling with the series before giving it a final dub. It's just something they've been doing for a while now. There's no release date or home video announcement yet, but you shouldn't worry. Funimation pretty much always dubs and home videos the shows they've licensed. Especially if they've simulcasted them. You'll just have to be a bit patient!

Ok. That is good to hear. I love the manga, and I am waiting on the dub. I usually grab anime dubbed that I want to use for AMVs and for my collection. Would love to add this to my collection and use it later.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, KSensei said:

They already dubbed it I think

1 hour ago, manc4life5544 said:

Weren't all the 24 episodes dubbed? That is the first season, i wasn't even aware of a second season.

Yeah, just some spammer went through and bumped a bunch of year old topics. -_-

• Koby locked this topic