Pirates of the Caribbean anime adaptation

Pacific85

I wouldn't mind a legit anime about pirates. We don't really have any. One Piece is very different than what I'd consider a pirate. The main cast don't even pirate things and they're very rarely out at sea. They travel from one island to the next on a one way trip down the Grand Line while rescuing kingdoms in need of help. Yeah they call themselves pirates, but they don't have any pirate-like qualities about them. They don't have ship fights, they don't plunder treasure from fellow sea-men.

I just don't know how an anime version of PotC would do. I feel like no one besides Johnny Depp could really make me feel good about any interpretation of Capt. Jack Sparrow. Maybe if they did some spin-off with different characters in the same world it might fit better with me, but then that would take away the point of even bothering with an anime version of PotC.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

I would love to watch it as a cartoon than an anime. No offense but POC adventures seems more better than One Piece and like Koby mentioned, I don't think anything being pirate in Straw hat crew. They are wanted mostly just because they fought navy. I would like to see Disney Ghibli making POC minus too much see romance. It would be nice to make Harry Potter too.