RIGS: Mechanized Combat League - £47.99
Eagle Flight - £?
Loading Human - £29.99
Batman Arkham VR - £?
Battlezone - £?
Robinson: The Journey - £?

Playstation VR Subreddit

Advanced Display
Project Morpheus combines a landscape-scanning, full-HD LCD 1080p display and a uniquely developed optical unit with an approximate 100 degree field of view to create a vast 3D space in front of your eyes.

Built for PlayStation
Project Morpheus allows you to experience the future of gaming through VR with just the visor, your PlayStation®4 and the PlayStation®Camera.

360 Degrees of Audio
Utilizing technology developed for the platform, Project Morpheus delivers a deeply immersive audio experience, putting you in the middle of the world with sound that comes from any direction in a 360-degree sphere.

Industrial Design
Project Morpheus features a visor-style design, engineered to be balanced and comfortable for extended use. Its dual-banded form also adjusts to fit comfortably around various head sizes and over glasses.

Movement and Position Tracking
The visor’s high-sensitivity accelerometer and gyroscope run at a frequency of 1000Hz, allowing Project Morpheus to detect your head’s movement with almost no latency. When used with a PlayStation®Camera, your head’s movement, and the movement of controller can be tracked and reflected in the game’s images in real time.

Multiplayer Gaming
Multiple Project Morpheus units connected to PS4 systems can be networked to play in the same virtual world. Additionally, Project Morpheus can also display what you’re looking at as a 2D image on your TV screen, allowing others to participate.

ps-vr-aim-controller-0614166.jpg

Edited by Emrys

It's cool and all but the display is a lot fuzzier than I would expect from a $200-$400 device. Like a high res CRT. Then again, it was my first experience with VR when I tried it so maybe my expectations were too high. Huh.

I've been watching a lot of videos for the PS VR/read a lot of info and this is one of the things I found.

VG247: The fidelity of the screen feels like a big step down to me. Home TVs are pretty incredibly now, but this VR headset – and other’s like it – are grainy, the image is never as crisp and sharp as we’ve become used to. It feels like as much as VR is stepping forward in immersion, it’s taking a significant step back visually.

Ranyard: We’ve really looked at what we can do with the processing power so we’re drawing everything at 60 frames per second, twice. It’s like doing a two-player 60 fps game on the TV. You’ve got to make a compromise in terms of speed and so on. You really can’t drop [frames per second] that’s the big difference. You can’t have slow down, that’s a big no-no. Sometimes we might have to over-compromise to guarantee that. My take on it, personally, if you look at games from the beginning of a console to the end of a console lifecycle, it’s streets apart. Launch titles on a new platform usually look a little bit better than games at the end of the last platform because developers have rinsed it. There will be a lot of that to come – this is first software, it’s not even released yet – we’re still learning a lot of the basics. We’ve written an engine just for VR, we started that 18 months ago from scratch. That engine can mature and we’ll get a lot more out of it.

• 5 months later...

The $500 bundle up for preorder on Tuesday looks quite sexy. This may be the VR train that I jump on just for affordability and because I have to buy a PS4 in the near future for Persona 5 anyway. Hopefully there will be a nice sexy PS4/VR bundle coming out as well. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the new PS4.5 rumor that came out today...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...