need help downloading!

griver_007

Yup! You're reading the title right. Sounds stupid but it's quite serious.

2 months ago I was ok downloading in Usercloud then for some reason, even though I can access the file I can no longer download. It always timing out. I didn't take notice of it because some of the titles that I'm collecting is all uploaded in Mega but 2 weeks ago same issue happen. Now I need help.

So far here's what I tried:

switching to another computer

releasing/renewing IP address

restarting computer

resetting my browser to default settings

uninstalling/reinstalling browser

try another

making sure that the website is not on the firewall list to block

Making sure I'm not using a proxy server

I already check if Usercloud and Mega are down but its not the case.

And it seems I am the only one affected (which really sucks).

Please help me out.

Thanks and more power.

If it's timing out, then your internet is cutting out randomly periodically. To counter this you can use a download manager such as jDownloader which will usually have download resume support to pick up where it left off rather than trying to restart the download from scratch. Alternatively you can switch to XDCC which has resume or Torrents which won't be affected. Otherwise check your modem/router for issues, and/or call your ISP and complain.

• Like 2

To counter this you can use a download manager such as jDownloader which will usually have download resume support to pick up where it left off rather than trying to restart the download from scratch

Sometimes jDownloader could be consider as a viral software by McAfee or AVG but it's been a long time since I tried so it might be worth trying again.

Other than that Usercloud and Mega is not being picky about regions right? 

To counter this you can use a download manager such as jDownloader which will usually have download resume support to pick up where it left off rather than trying to restart the download from scratch

Sometimes jDownloader could be consider as a viral software by McAfee or AVG but it's been a long time since I tried so it might be worth trying again.

Other than that Usercloud and Mega is not being picky about regions right? 

McAfee is shit anyways. They're one of the leading companies in creating viruses in the first place back in the early 2000's in-order to push the requirement of needing protection and to build up their company. Hotmail users used to be spammed to hell with emails chuck full of viruses right after giving up their address.

There's no reason to use paid virus protection anyways when the free software works better and uses less resources.

Anyhow the main reason jDownloader would be selected as such would be because of their 'bundled software'; which you have to select no to installing during the installation. Some software do this to make money to support their own software and many virus protection software classifies it as viral because it's by default installing something more than just what you intended; even though it clearly gives you the option to opt out of it.

• Like 2

Anyhow the main reason jDownloader would be selected as such would be because of their 'bundled software'; which you have to select no to installing during the installation. Some software do this to make money to support their own software and many virus protection software classifies it as viral because it's by default installing something more than just what you intended; even though it clearly gives you the option to opt out of it.

Are there any jDownloader version that function as extension or plugin on Firefox or Chrome? It works to some degree especially if it's gonna be installed with a portable version of those browsers.

Edited by griver_007

Tried but unfortunately installing jDownloader requires admin rights which i don't have in the PC  I'm using. I manage to bypassed that by using jDownloader portable but mega.co.nz is not included in the list of website that it currently supporting.

Any kind soul who could offer an alternative?

Use jDownloader 2.

MEGA.co.nz doesn't even exist now. It's become simply MEGA.nz

Any existing links with the .co are redirected.

• Like 2

Tried but unfortunately installing jDownloader requires admin rights which i don't have in the PC  I'm using. I manage to bypassed that by using jDownloader portable but mega.co.nz is not included in the list of website that it currently supporting.

Any kind soul who could offer an alternative?

Use jDownloader 2.

MEGA.co.nz doesn't even exist now. It's become simply MEGA.nz

Any existing links with the .co are redirected.

Give it a shot. I could go to the website but its blank. Refreshed, uninstall/reinstall browsers don't the trick. How about proxy servers? Is that advisable?