Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Kid Ryan

Final Fantasy XII has way better graphics then DQ8 imo, but whatever xD.

yeah, i know about that.. but i did not even tried to play it.. maybe i should consider it when im back home.

but there is a huge difference in the world map of DQVIII and FFXII... the kind of world map system that's been forgotten from the playstation era. :D

anyway, those are both games released by square-enix so it's good.

(yawns... time too sleep, it's around 12:00 midnight here :D, see yah)

I'd rather max out swords and courage first.

Here is some information of what you need courage to be to learn certain spells.

Courage 8 - Zoom

Courage 16 - Tingle

Courage 28 - Holy Protection

Courage 40 - Fizzle

Courage 48 - Zap

Courage 70 - Kamikazee

Courage 82 - Omniheal

Courage 100 - Kazap

Here is what Hero learns based on his level:

3- Heal

4 - Squelch

6 - Evac

11 - Sizz

18 - Midheal

20 - Sizzle

27 - Fullheal

29 - Zing

32 - Kasizzle

So essentially at lvl 32, Hero could have learned all of his abilities. Then by lvl 34 you could have beaten the game, and very easily I might add, with no trouble at all. Especially if you do the Monster Arena side-quest and get 3 monster teams with the best setup for battles.

Also boomerangs are great, because like Jessica's whip, they can attack multiple enemies at a time. Really good and essential for dungeons where 8+ enemies show up in one battle. You can take them out much easier and much faster. I'd say probably get Swords up to 66 where you learn +25 Sword Attack, then move over to Boomerangs to get their skill up as well. Get Boomerangs up to 66 to learn +20 Boomerang Attack, then go back and finish up maxing out Swords.

Here is some information of what you need courage to be to learn certain spells.

Courage 8 - Zoom

Courage 16 - Tingle

Courage 28 - Holy Protection

Courage 40 - Fizzle

Courage 48 - Zap

Courage 70 - Kamikazee

Courage 82 - Omniheal

Courage 100 - Kazap

Here is what Hero learns based on his level:

3- Heal

4 - Squelch

6 - Evac

11 - Sizz

18 - Midheal

20 - Sizzle

27 - Fullheal

29 - Zing

32 - Kasizzle

So essentially at lvl 32, Hero could have learned all of his abilities. Then by lvl 34 you could have beaten the game, and very easily I might add, with no trouble at all. Especially if you do the Monster Arena side-quest and get 3 monster teams with the best setup for battles.

Also boomerangs are great, because like Jessica's whip, they can attack multiple enemies at a time. Really good and essential for dungeons where 8+ enemies show up in one battle. You can take them out much easier and much faster. I'd say probably get Swords up to 66 where you learn +25 Sword Attack, then move over to Boomerangs to get their skill up as well. Get Boomerangs up to 66 to learn +20 Boomerang Attack, then go back and finish up maxing out Swords.

Thanks alot for the advice Koby, I'll definitely use it if I can.

• 1 month later...