Black Sails (TV 2014)

Koby

eR4pyHD.jpg

Synopsis: Set up as a twenty-year prequel to Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic book Treasure Island, Black Sails will follow the adventures of cutthroat corsair Captain Flint and his crew of brutal buccaneers, whose plundering ways have led them to the brink of extinction. Flint’s fight for survival forces him to seek sanctuary on the debauched pirate paradise New Providence Island, a place defined by both its enlightened ideals and stunning brutality. On the journey, Flint will take on a young, fast-talking addition to his crew— one, John Silver.

Black Sails renewed for a fourth season
Black Sails has been renewed for a fourth season on Starz. The show will be produced in South Africa this fall before its ten episode third season is shown in 2016. 

Toby Stephens stars as Captain Flint on the series and it is supposed to be a prequel to Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island. Ray Stevenson has joined the cast and will portray pirate Blackbeard.

and.. here's a preview of season three:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Season 1 was a bit rocky with it containing all the build up and character development and just sitting around talking; While Season 2 finally gave us what we were waiting for, but oh boy has Season 3 delivered. Season 3 has been a fantastic ride that has made the series sail (pun intended) into my favorite current airing television show on tv. John Silver is finally shaping into the Pirate we all knew he'd become one day, Blackbeard's introduction to the series was great, Flint and Silver finally made up, etc. I'd honestly really like to see this series go up to and pass Treasure Island at this rate rather than end as simply a prequel to that story. The actors are all well cast and they act the part well; aside from that annoying ex-whore woman who I've forgotten her name that does that very annoying accent.

I'd suggest anyone a fan of pirate media, a fan of Silver or Blackbeard, or just anyone looking for some great tv, to tune into this show. Season 3 is still underway and things only seem to be looking up for this show.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...