MLC SSD?

professa X

so im a cheapo depo type of guy. and im wundring is it okay to have a mlc type ssd for just your os, programs, documents, and the occasional pic/music. I'm upgrading my laptop sata2 hdd with an mlc ssd. im not gunna be downloading to this drive nor will i be doing significant amounts writing and deleting data from it. so what say you?

plz be nice.

Don't forget Crucial ones as well, those are really good as well especially their new BX series.

Also about the MLC and TLC, I wouldn't worry about it too much about that shit. Honestly speaking I only have used Samsung and Crucial SSDs, both brands are quite reliable.

As John said, the Samsung 850 EVOs are really good. They use a newer 3D V-NAND TLC technology which is more durable than some MLC drives. If you want to read up about it, I would just recommend you to read Anandtech articles on them (very indepth). You could get it for ~$200 USD the Samsung 850 EVO 500GB if it goes on sale, I was in a hurry to get a SSD so I grabbed mines close to $300 AUD, but they go in sale every month or so, at least in Australia it does (welp would've saved that $50 USD).

• Like 1

The Samsung 850 Pro SSD is not a bad choice, under a $100 U.S. for a 128GB on Amazon right now.

Don't forget Crucial ones as well, those are really good as well especially their new BX series.

Also about the MLC and TLC, I wouldn't worry about it too much about that shit. Honestly speaking I only have used Samsung and Crucial SSDs, both brands are quite reliable.

As John said, the Samsung 850 EVOs are really good. They use a newer 3D V-NAND TLC technology which is more durable than some MLC drives. If you want to read up about it, I would just recommend you to read Anandtech articles on them (very indepth). You could get it for ~$200 USD the Samsung 850 EVO 500GB if it goes on sale, I was in a hurry to get a SSD so I grabbed mines close to $300 AUD, but they go in sale every month or so, at least in Australia it does (welp would've saved that $50 USD).

Thnx guys

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk