What's up with Denzel Crockers' Ears

RYONBO

Just looks like a Bad Goof animation really, Is this a new show on Cartoon Network or something? Reminds me of Dexter's Lab tbh...

I find this kind of animation extremely irritating to say the least, as it seems most cartoon show's today try overtly hard to make normal anatomy completely wrong or should i say 'Stylized' as it is apparently better... Guess what CN, it reaaaallly doesn't... To me, It just looks crap and annoying and detracts from the value of the content you are viewing (just like with bad SFX in movies)..

Now look at dexter's lab, the_big_bang_experiment_by_wickfield-d48

yes DD has a massive head and dex is tiny, and the dude on the left seems pretty corny but looks at least quite humurous... But it all looks 'acceptable' in terms of physics and real human body (something the Japanese Animators have down to a tee with the exception of very (well done) stylized faces with the big eyes and spiked hair etc...) with the exception of *Actually Funny* animation designs which work.. I.e:

clip-art-dexters-laboratory-025216.jpg

Maybe I'm too old..

-Bit off topic: A factor in this opinion (although not rrelevant here) is cause most of the new cartoons these days use 3D as well, which adds an extra dimension of 'wrongness' compiled with these sorts of odd and commonly stupid animation designs... Man I hate TV sometimes haha

TMNT 2013 - Now thats were 3D just works and is done superiorly well to pretty much any other 3D show out there with the exception of maybe Kunfu Panda...

I think the worst example of this is Beware The Batman, That show absoluetely digusted me the first time I saw (and heard) batman.. Literally a 100 things wrong with that and it showed by it being cancelled.. What a stupid idea, why not just take batman and make him look decent/badass not watered down for children and then given a completey lame name...

Anyways rant over, thanks for tuning in! X

Edited by RhyZe UK
  • Like 1

Just looks like a Bad Goof animation really, Is this a new show on Cartoon Network or something? Reminds me of Dexter's Lab tbh...

I find this kind of animation extremely irritating to say the least, as it seems most cartoon show's today try overtly hard to make normal anatomy completely wrong or should i say 'Stylized' as it is apparently better... Guess what CN, it reaaaallly doesn't... To me, It just looks crap and annoying and detracts from the value of the content you are viewing (just like with bad SFX in movies)..

Now look at dexter's lab, the_big_bang_experiment_by_wickfield-d48

yes DD has a massive head and dex is tiny, and the dude on the left seems pretty corny but looks at least quite humurous... But it all looks 'acceptable' in terms of physics and real human body (something the Japanese Animators have down to a tee with the exception of very (well done) stylized faces with the big eyes and spiked hair etc...) with the exception of *Actually Funny* animation designs which work.. I.e:

clip-art-dexters-laboratory-025216.jpg

Maybe I'm too old..

-Bit off topic: A factor in this opinion (although not rrelevant here) is cause most of the new cartoons these days use 3D as well, which adds an extra dimension of 'wrongness' compiled with these sorts of odd and commonly stupid animation designs... Man I hate TV sometimes haha

TMNT 2013 - Now thats were 3D just works and is done superiorly well to pretty much any other 3D show out there with the exception of maybe Kunfu Panda...

I think the worst example of this is Beware The Batman, That show absoluetely digusted me the first time I saw (and heard) batman.. Literally a 100 things wrong with that and it showed by it being cancelled.. What a stupid idea, why not just take batman and make him look decent/badass not watered down for children and then given a completey lame name...

Anyways rant over, thanks for tuning in! X

I'm only 20 but sometimes I feel old too, I get what you mean; half assed work and work watered down from the original is not as enjoyable as intended. Animation is a creative field but it is also a business 

I believe that in animation school they teach the rules before teaching you how to break them[Fact?]. Animation can be exaggerated but not warped so as to......................................... ...................................I don't even know what to say [opinion].

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How does his glasses stay up? They need to rest on ears or they'd just fall down

On the topic of 3D, I dislike it when some anime series cut in 3D to save on cost/time as it really sticks out by how clunky it is compared to the 2D animation.

C_control_zps64057bcb.jpg

Like why has the guy got size 16's, a pea size head and then grotesque hands (enough to make him look pregnant at least).

• Like 1