Best Argument Ever!

professa X

Rick Falkvinge has other articles on TF as well. Every article he writes on there is practically mind-blowing. Over the past couple of years of reading TF, his articles have always been the most astute. Glad to see other people here interested in copyright issues. The more who know, the more difference can be made.

Rick Falkvinge has other articles on TF as well. Every article he writes on there is practically mind-blowing. Over the past couple of years of reading TF, his articles have always been the most astute. Glad to see other people here interested in copyright issues. The more who know, the more difference can be made.

thank you.

Hmm. I can't say the penny dropped for me. I'm not saying his point isn't valid, but for some reason, something didn't ring true about his words. I'm all for comparisons, but I felt this "the letter" is just a conveniently construed analogy. I mean, sure, the analog and digital systems are the same on a conceptual level, but that's it. There's more to it than that.

Hmm. I can't say the penny dropped for me. I'm not saying his point isn't valid, but for some reason, something didn't ring true about his words. I'm all for comparisons, but I felt this "the letter" is just a conveniently construed analogy. I mean, sure, the analog and digital systems are the same on a conceptual level, but that's it. There's more to it than that.

Yes. I think I might know how u feel. First u must consider this as a dialogue on civil rights not copy rights. He is pushing for the termination of the over excesive powers copy right holders have. Which infringe on privacy. Privacy may not hold as much value today as it did back then. Most of use became cognitive of the events of the world around the same time survalence aka privacy infringement came around. So the whole privacy doesn't hit as much home. But to an older generation (the ones affecting our countries outlook of security) privacy when comapred to their days and now in light of the letter analogy does bring the sharp disturbing contrast into reality.

• 3 months later...