Neon Genesis: Evangelion

unerasable sin

Has anyone seen evangelion? how did you find it? I personally enjoyed the entire series as it left you wondering what the hell was going on, and then they released the movie in 2 parts. Death amd rebirth, and the end of evangelion.. It was good that in the end they made a final conclusion with the series and wrapped it up pretty well..

So what did you think?

Well i didnt really get that much into the series. But i did watch the movies, and especialy enjoyed the one recreating the end of NGE i got to say that thats a beautifully made movie. I like the way that it merges together with the music and makes you really think about how it happens and kinda make youre own ending :)

• 2 months later...

This anime is amazing it makes you think a lot especail the end in the of it. I first found this show when I was 11 in a channal that was all in spanish (yes i understand spanish) but i was to little to understand and I saw it again last summer and I understand it completely. To bad they dont make more I love that anime so much.

I had a friend who let me borrow the entire series and the movie that she had. I loved the series, though the person I was in a relationship at the time didn't quite appreciate it as much as I did however. He didn't understand it and I more or less got everything perfectly.

I even rewatched the series before I gave it back to her. ^--^

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Since it's been bumped...

I've been watching the Eva reboots and I'm absolutely obsessed with the series now. The reboots have really ignited my interest in the series. I've watched both movies twice over the last two days and I love how they changed things in both movies, especially with consideration to the characters and character development/interaction. Shinji may still be whiney and useless, but with anime chalk-full of brave, masculine male characters, Shinji is actually a bit refreshing to watch.

I hate that I have to wait a while for the rest of the reboots, but I think I'll manage. If none of you have seen You Are (Not) Alone and You Can (Not) Advance, go find them in the Downloads section and get them. They're amazing films. Even if you haven't seen Evangelion but are interested, go download them. I'm sure you won't regret it.

agreed the reboots are awesome.

however the end of the series and second half of End of evangelion is a complete load of nihilist wank. Even the creators admit it that they had no idea what half the stuff they made was about.

also, all the references to christianity account for moot. they were simply put in because at they thought it looked cool.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Ultimate-Collection/dp/B000SKKCPA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1303599640&sr=8-9

^ personally i recomend this, although it is not currently being sold by amazon and is therefore lubriciously over priced by independent sellers. If you can get your hands on this set you will love it forever! I was how i watched evangelion for the first time, and it comes with art cards, ART CARDS#!!

I have also been enjoying the reboots and found 2.22 particularly good, (especially the end, AWESOME)

I am currently reading the shinji ikari raising project manga alongside the official manga both are worth a look.

My favorite character has to be pen pen he's the BEST

I collected the series, but unfortunately i can't find the movies. I absolutely love this anime, and i have the remake of it. It was far more easier to understand than the original series, but i much prefer the original series. My family taped it on video when it was on tv, and over the holidays i'd just sit and watch for hours and hours. It was so fun XD