Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood 720p

xaosfyre

Hello, I have downloaded the new 720p copies of FMA - Brotherhood, which were in .mkv format. Now, normally I use mkv2vob to convert everything for play on my PS3, but all 3 episodes came up ;unsupported audio codecs' and would not convert. I was wondering what anyone else uses to convert .mkv with and if it will actually work on these files:grimace:

*moved to tech center*

Well you also got to remember that they are dual-audio, meaning two audio tracks so you need to select which one you wish to use.

But the audio for these files are AAC 48000Hz 6ch. AAC is the normal audio codec for high quality h264 video codec files, as it offers the best quality. So other than it being 6ch it's not any different than most of the other files you will find and try to convert. So I don't know why it's saying unsupported codec.

I've never used mkv2vob, and I don't ever encode for PS3... but I could suggest using WinFF or AutoMen to do so. Or considering the file info, you might be able to use YAMB to just mux it back to a single track PS3 compatible MP4 without the need of re-encoding.

• 2 weeks later...

megui is the best encoder out there for video and audio converting. you have to install a few programs like avisynth but nothing works better if you follow the guides for them.

you need to have a powerful computer to use it though but it works good.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope the ps3 gets an update for mkv and subtitle support!

Very doubtful, Sony wouldn't really profit from it, so there's no reason for them to even try it. Plus not to mention MKVs are commonly used for DVD ripped stuff, so people are iffy about supporting it.

Very doubtful, Sony wouldn't really profit from it, so there's no reason for them to even try it. Plus not to mention MKVs are commonly used for DVD ripped stuff, so people are iffy about supporting it.

.mkv is just a container for video files. It can contain (from what I remember - read this a while back so take this with a grain of salt) a wide variety of files such as MP4, AVI, MPEG, WMV, etc. It just made it easier to include dual audio/subtitles in videos wwhich is why it's the mainly preferred container or anime-rips.

It is possible that sony includes a patch to support .mkv playback .. but it's a slim possibility.

.mkv is just a container for video files. It can contain (from what I remember - read this a while back so take this with a grain of salt) a wide variety of files such as MP4, AVI, MPEG, WMV, etc. It just made it easier to include dual audio/subtitles in videos wwhich is why it's the mainly preferred container or anime-rips.

It is possible that sony includes a patch to support .mkv playback .. but it's a slim possibility.

Yes MKV is only a container and not a codec. It can actually contain ANY codec file including shitty "real video" which is normally found only in .rmvb files. But you will always need the necessary codecs to play whatever codecs are used within the mkv file. The open-ness of the MKV container is what makes it harder to support on other playback solutions.. but for the most part when it comes to Anime, only H264 codec video is used.. along side Dolby, AAC, or Flac audio.

Yes MKV is only a container and not a codec. It can actually contain ANY codec file including shitty "real video" which is normally found only in .rmvb files. But you will always need the necessary codecs to play whatever codecs are used within the mkv file. The open-ness of the MKV container is what makes it harder to support on other playback solutions.. but for the most part when it comes to Anime, only H264 codec video is used.. along side Dolby, AAC, or Flac audio.

Like I said, what is it usually used for? Anime. Anime people did not buy, also movies that people did not buy.

Plus to support MKV they would need to support tons of other codecs, it's too much work for Sony, or even Microsoft for that matter.

• 4 weeks later...
What are MKV Files? I usually get the Avi and convert to Mp4

The Matroska Multimedia Container is an open standard free container format, a file format that can hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks inside a single file. It is intended to serve as a universal format for storing common multimedia content, like movies or TV shows. Matroska is similar in concept to other containers like AVI, MP4 or ASF, but is entirely open in specification, with implementations consisting mostly of open source software.

You should try the program: Any Video Converter.

It had a bunch of different formats all organized by the system you want to put them on. I just checked and it has three separate ones for PS3 (480p, 720p, 1080p)

I have the Professional version, but I do believe there is a free version that will work for a few times.