Dominion (2014 TV Series)

Emrys

DominionPoster.jpg

Ratings:
7.5/10 from 460 users

Dominion
is an American apocalyptic supernatural action television series created by Vaun Wilmott. It is based on the 2010 film Legion.

In December 2013, Syfy ordered a pilot episode, which is set 25 years after the end of the film. An army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, has waged a war of possession against mankind. The archangel Michael, turning against his own kind, has chosen to side with humanity against Gabriel. After the 25-year-long battle, newly fortified cities have arisen to protect human survivors.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOWpKUtBun8

Edited by Emrys

I've seen the first episode :) It was pretty good (8/10) the first episode was 1 hour long and it doesn't have any of the same actors, but it has about 3 characters from the film. The film only has an average rating of 5/10 and so far the series has 7.5/10 from 400 people. I'm actually planning on re-watching the film to remember the characters :P I did like the film and it was annoying when they didn't make a second one, so it didn't have an ending.

• 1 month later...

I didn't realize season one was only eight episodes. I was watching the finale and it popped up saying something about it being the finale. So I had to pause it to go search and see if that was accurate. It certainly ended on a cliff, that's for sure, haha. It got better as the season went on, so I'm hoping it gets renewed for another season.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I hope Claire is dead and Vega is in the review mirror. Time to put the show on the road so to speak. I was actually a bit shocked that angel betrayed him to get her wings back; she really did seem to sincerely love him, but it was a little less of a shock once they showed her killing his mom and then betraying Gabriel. Once a traitor always a traitor usually.

If there is a season 3 then we'll likely be seeing some new cast members finally since most of them were killed off now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

‘Dominion’ Canceled After 2 Seasons
Syfy has decided not to order a third season of supernatural action drama Dominion, which just wrapped its Season 2 run. Created by Vaun Wilmott based on characters from the 2010 feature Legion, Dominion, which starred Christopher Eagan, was set 25 years in the future after a war between an army of angels and mankind has transformed the world.

“Led by Vaun Wilmott, the talented cast, producers, writers and crew of Dominion have done a tremendous job bringing this ambitious, cinematic series to the screen over the past two seasons,” Syfy said in a statement. “We thank them, as well as our producing partners Universal Cable Productions, Bold Films and Film Afrika.”

Dominion saw its ratings drop in Season 2, averaging a 0.3 in 18-49 (Live+ same day), down -47% from Season 1, and 0.9 million viewers, down -45%.

Bold Films, which produced the movie for Screen Gems, co-produced the series with Universal Cable Prods. It was shot in South Africa.

• Like 1