Best 3DS XL Memory Card?

Kid Ryan

I plan on buying a 3DS XL the day after thanksgiving (Black Friday), and I was just wondering what memory card I should get for it?

I heard that 32GB Sandisk Class 4 is the best 3DS XL memory card, unless I'll only need 16GB?

I don't plan on buying any DLC or eShop/online exclusives, just physical retail games.

I plan on buying a 3DS XL the day after thanksgiving (Black Friday), and I was just wondering what memory card I should get for it?

I heard that 32GB Sandisk Class 4 is the best 3DS XL memory card, unless I'll only need 16GB?

I don't plan on buying any DLC or eShop/online exclusives, just physical retail games.

I use this one http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroSDHC-Speed-MicroSD-Adapter/dp/B004G7D0EG/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1402789568&sr=8-17&keywords=32gb+sd

• Like 1

If you're just buying carts then the standard pack-in card should be no problem.

3DS games don't have optional or mandatory "game data" installs, like most PS3 games do?

That's a relief lol ^_^, more money to spend on adding 3DS games to my collection :).

Yeah I agree it doesn't sound like you really need one. But if you want one in case you do buy something in the future, that sounds like a decent choice. Unless you're on a budget I think it's better to err on the side of too much space than too little.

I admit I will be having a tight budget. I'll be lucky if I can afford one $25 and one $40 game after buying the 3DS XL...but I'm assuming how much the handheld and games will cost during Black Friday sales.

I use this one http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroSDHC-Speed-MicroSD-Adapter/dp/B004G7D0EG/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1402789568&sr=8-17&keywords=32gb+sd

Thanks for the recommendation, If I ever decide to buy a memory card I'll keep it in mind, assuming it's still on sale for $15 New.

I suggest getting the one with the most memory that the 3DS can handle.

The one I have with mine, is almost full, but that could be because I took so many pictures when I was on vacation, also I put some shows on mine to watch when I am in the car.

If you are downloading games from the eshop, it will also take up more space.

• Like 1

If you're just buying carts then the standard pack-in card should be no problem.

3DS games don't have optional or mandatory "game data" installs, like most PS3 games do?

That's a relief lol ^_^, more money to spend on adding 3DS games to my collection :).

The PS3 BluRay drive is complete shit, so the installs are there to get better loading times. Cartridges give almost instant load times, no need for installs.

I used the bundled memory card for a year before I had to upgrade but that was because of digital games.

All that really gets saved to the card is out-going StreetPass data IIRC. Incoming StreetPass data gets stored in the system memory and pretty much all saves are on the carts themselves.

• Like 1