What are your thoughts on the Attack on Titan dub?

anifan

downloaded cuz bored-no expections so this face :/

saw cover said "frum deathnote director"-expectations skyrocket so this face O.O!"

start show....gimme episode 2!! D:<

only thing i dont like is her name because i swear it was misaka but they say mikasa (or vice versa,confused now)

i also dont understand y they were surprised titan could reach over wall/who built wall?

Her name is was always Mikasa, though they say it differently than I expected. I always read it as Mi-KASA and they say more MI-kasa. If that makes sense.

The Colossal Titan that broke the wall was soooo much bigger than normal titans. That's why they were so surprised.

The dub is okay so far, but I don't like how they cut the opening. I'll have to see a few more episodes before passing judgement.

• Like 1

oh i thought they were normally that big

yeah i really dont like the way they say the name its really odd

i love the show so far,its my new Space Dandy xD

i also like how the guy actually changed his voice this time haha he actually sounds like a kid so thats weird

the voice of the girl...sounds familiar...but ive no idea where from..

so did the ep say how walls were built and i missed it or does the answer bring spoilers?

oh i thought they were normally that big

so did the ep say how walls were built and i missed it or does the answer bring spoilers?

The titan was vastly larger, most of them are about 15 meters tops if I recall. The wall is 50 meters tall, so no titan was able to get even close to going over it before. I would say more but spoilers

Also most stuff about the walls are spoilers, you should only know that they were built to protect humans. It doesnt really get explained at all in the first season, so you'll have to wait on that one.

• Like 1

I'm really liking the dub so far, but I'm just judging on the first ep, so I might change my opinion on that but I kinda doubt it.

The only thing I'm kinda worried about is that I won't be able to take the show seriously, whenever I see the titans I start cracking up. Like when the one broke down the wall, I kept imagining it saying "hey guys, you got any clothes in there? It's pretty cold out here" and dumb crap like that...

And that one they showed running in the preview about killed me.

Edited by ParasiteEve

I'm really liking the dub so far, but I'm just judging on the first ep, so I might change my opinion on that but I kinda doubt it.

The only thing I'm kinda worried about is that I won't be able to take the show seriously, whenever I see the titans I start cracking up. Like when the one broke down the wall, I kept imagining it saying "hey guys, you got any clothes in there? It's pretty cold out here" and dumb crap like that...

And that one they showed running in the preview about killed me.

This is one of the two reasons why I can't take the show seriously, the other being that it is so shounen that people could go super saiyan if they tried. But when there is one tiny fat dude running around flailing it's limbs and smashing into things face first, it's really hard to not laugh.

Also it doesn't help that I have seen the abridged, it perfectly sums up the first episode while being ridiculously funny, so I insert in the lines as I go.

Also it doesn't help that I have seen the abridged, it perfectly sums up the first episode while being ridiculously funny, so I insert in the lines as I go.

I DO THE SAME THING. I will never not laugh at drill sergeant Keith Sadis, because of the Abridged. Plus, I've seen cosplayers act out the Abridged scenes, PERFECTLY, and you have not lived until you've witnessed that.

Anyway, I watched #2 today, and I'm soooo glad they used the full theme this time! Like how could you cut that? Other than that, my opinion is pretty much the same. I feel like I can't make any solid conclusions until after the time jump.

Edited by poetictragedy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...