Rei`s Signatures

Mizuki Himeji

well i`v just started getting back into gfx`ing after 3 years and i`m still at the beginning and i`m not very good yet but i`m open to any suggestions and criticism if needs must lol.

these are the ones i`v done so far.

Supersonic set (latest)

29dag0k.png

Signature

dxejr6.png

I use gimp but just wondering what is the best one to use?

• Like 2

Your more than welcome :)

Yeah it`s my fave so i put it back up :)

I`m wondering when i make a set when i`v finished should i save it in gimps format then save the same one in png file because then if i save it in gimps own format i can reopen it and play round with it like change the texts or something i`m not sure because the blue sonic one i saved but thanks to kametsu`s size restrictions it was too large for the forum?

CnC! Those are a good start! Looks like you understand how to effectively use colors, which will really help down the road. In the signature, the background is overpowering. I'm not really familiar with Gimp anymore, but I'd recommend making the background a little more transparent, so it's not quite so strong. Also, the text is a tad too close to the render. But like I said, it's a really good start!

Gimp is okay, but if you can get Photoshop, I'd recommend it. Actually, Adobe has released the CS2 version to the public for free. All you have to do to download it is create a profile/sign in thing on Adobe's website. CS2 is a slightly older version, but it's still a step up from Gimp. I started with Gimp also, but using Photoshop makes a huge difference.

Also, I always save in two formats: the PSD file and the image file. After I'm done using the image file, I usually delete it, but I always keep the PSD file around. That way, I can always save it as an image again if I need it, or like you said, go back and improve upon it.

i use gimp also. you all was want to save two files the .xcf for gimp and then the .png for the signature. that way if you want, like you said you can go back and change stuff around.

Ah i thought so i was trying to remember what i did over 3 years ago which was pretty hard believe me lol 

CnC! Those are a good start! Looks like you understand how to effectively use colors, which will really help down the road. In the signature, the background is overpowering. I'm not really familiar with Gimp anymore, but I'd recommend making the background a little more transparent, so it's not quite so strong. Also, the text is a tad too close to the render. But like I said, it's a really good start!

Gimp is okay, but if you can get Photoshop, I'd recommend it. Actually, Adobe has released the CS2 version to the public for free. All you have to do to download it is create a profile/sign in thing on Adobe's website. CS2 is a slightly older version, but it's still a step up from Gimp. I started with Gimp also, but using Photoshop makes a huge difference.

Also, I always save in two formats: the PSD file and the image file. After I'm done using the image file, I usually delete it, but I always keep the PSD file around. That way, I can always save it as an image again if I need it, or like you said, go back and improve upon it.

Thank you for saying so :)

Actually now when i look at it i can see what you mean everything seems bright and in your face i mean i could just dim down a tiny little bit on sonic but dim alot down on the background.I did a pop out signature of sonic but it was too large for kametsu so it would show up here i tried resizing it but it wouldn`t resize so i`m thinking if i saved it in xcf format then that way it might resize but i`m not sure:(

but i`l check out CS2 :)

Anyway thanks for the advice guys it helps alot ^^

• 2 weeks later...

why the link i put there was to 1001 fonts website why is something wrong?

I think there was a spam post in there somewhere with some shady links. I vaguely remember reporting it.

Your pop-out signature is really good! It's got just the right balance of background and render, so it's a nice 3D-ness. If that makes sense...?

• Like 1