Whats a good Starter Anime Series?

Mainsoul-eater.jpgSoul Eater- Very good, funny and filled with action. From studio BONES. A story about weapons and their miesters as they set to get 99 'evil' souls and 1 witch soul. [51 Episodes]

fullmetal.jpgFullmetal Alchemist- One of the greatest anime series ever. From studio BONES. When two brothers try to revive their mother from the dead using forbidden alchemy, they pay the price of one brothers(Edward) leg and the younger brothers(Alphonse) entire body. Edward sacrifices his own arm to attach his brothers soul to a suit of armor. Now they set off to find the philosopher's stone to return their bodies. [51 Episodes]

fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood.jpgFullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood- Not a sequel. FMAB is actually following closer to the manga and is actually now based off completely off the manga while the first FMA is original. FMAB is just as fascinating as FMA, but with a wider story, more characters and a just as good story + action. [still going...]

1219777045_3uu3pdgarx.pngDarker Than Black- Amazing and totally insane+ animation from studio BONES is always astonishing. Ten years prior to the beginning, the sudden appearance of Hell's and Heaven's Gate appeared and a number of phenomena occurred including the appearance of Contractors, humans with 'super powers', but have to pay a price for using them. The story follows Hei (Lee S.[spy name]) in Japan, battling several contractors alongside Yin, Huang and Mao- members of the silent organization The Syndicate. Several organizations from different countries compete against eachother to find the truth about the Gates and/or destroy them. [25 Episodes] [Part Two-12 Episodes]

e80qk3.jpgXam'd: Lost Memories- Another anime from studio BONES? Wow, i can't believe it. What happens when a popular anime studio only ten years old gets a gig from playstation network with a really big budget to make an exclusive anime for PSN (PlayStation Network)? Insane animation and battle sequences, well thought out and drama filled story and superb characters. Xam'd follows the story of Akiyuki in his home in Sentan Island when the entire island is suddenly attacked by strange creatures. During the invasion he is turned into a creature known as Xam'd as is taken in by Nakiami so she can train him to control his powers. While he travels with Nakiami, Akiyuki's friends and family believe he is dead except for Haru, who she saw Akiyuki being taken by Nakiami.

[26 episodes]

code_geass.jpgCode Geass- Members of Studio BONES used to work at Sunrise, a famous anime studio for over twenty years. Brilliant story, fascinating action sequences filled with suspense and great characters. Code Geass follows the story of Lelouch Lamperouge (Lelouch V. Brittania) who was once a prince of Brittania but dismissed his title after the death of his mother. His father took it harsh and banished him to Japan, where Japan lost its freedom, pride and even it's name, it was changed to Area 11. Years later, thanks to C.C. (a girl Lelouch 'found') she gave him the power of Geass, a power that allows him to control others ONCE. He uses this power to create a rebellion against the Brittanian Empire (Which controls over 60% of the world and countries) called the Black Knights. His goal is to end the continuous wars going on in the world to build a better world for his younger sister Nunnally, who is paralyzed from the waist below.

[25 Episodes] [Part Two- 25 Episodes]

DeathNote_Anime1.jpgDeath Note- A supernatural crime drama by MAdhouse. Awesome, superb, great? Small words for such a heart driven anime series. When Light Yagami finds the mysterious Death Note, a notebook where he can write a persons name in it and they will die... what does he do? He rids the world's filth of murderous crinimals and 'bad guys' to make a better world, no... a new world, where he will reign as the new worlds god. What can stand in his way? The great detective- L. [37 Episodes]

psalms-of-planets-eureka-se.jpgEureka Seven- Yes, this is from Studio BONES, I just love their animation a lot. Remarkable, breath taking and truly a masterpiece. Once again, the animation is superb, best I've seen until Xam'd took the spotlight. Renton Thurston, a young boy living with his grandfather get an unexpected visit from Eureka, a young girl whom Renton falls in love with at first sight. He travels with her and joins the Gekkostate (Who are heroes to Renton) in hopes of keeping a promise to her, to always protect her. The story nearly instantly evolves and the violence exponentially changes from a few cuts and bruises to a few gallons of blood and numerous gunshots. The only thing that would be negative about this show is the constant feelings Renton and Eureka share throughout the show, as some people became annoyed by it and hated the show for that, but if you get used to it, you will enjoy the show gratefully. [51 Episodes]

I think i gave you a great number of animes and because i did i'll even recommend you a good anime movie-

sword_of_the_stranger_010.jpgSword of the Stranger. If someone new to anime is trying to look for a good anime to start with then i have no choice but to expose the anime to him.

You could watch all of this at animefreak.tv.

Enjoy!

There are a lot of good choices that people have recommended. If it is your first anime I would go for Fullmetal Alchemist(the original one) or Naruto. After that you could watch what ever sounds good to you. I have recently been re-watching Great Teacher Onizuka and I am really enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Bleach, Death Note, Fairy Tail, maybe Ichiban ushiro no Daimaou (maybe), Claymore, Black Cat, Ranma 1/2(maybe), Burst Angel(maybe), D.gray-man, Rosario to Vampire, Tears to Tiara, if you like the games genre in anime i recommend the .hack series :) hope this could help

• 2 weeks later...

For all new anime lovers, pick one randomly and then just go with the flow:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Bakemonogatari

arakawa under the bridge

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan

Deathnote

Code Geass Season 1 and 2

Samurai Champloo

Eureka Seven

Gundam Wing and Seed

Full metal Panic Season 1 2 and 3

Samurai X

Claymore

Rosario to Vampire

Ouran High school Host Club

School Rumble

Heroic age

angel beats

shigofumi

Sayonara zenstubou sensei

Gintama

just so you know these are all complete animes of different genre and themes that i recommend as starters, which is why i have not included the usual bleach, one piece, naruto shippuden etc that are still on-going

Well personally I started out with sailor moon, rouroni kenshin, and DBZ when I was very little. But when I was considering anime professionally I started with DNAngel, Tokyo Mew Mew, FMA, and Wolf's Rain.FMA and Wolf's Rain are classics in the greatest sense and will best capture the essence o' anime.