Console Discussion [Old:New]

Renzo

As much as I enjoy the new consoles and the new generation of games, i will always have a special place in my heart for the old school consoles and games. NES, SNES and Sega.. Playstation 1. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes i get bored of the new gen games and just wanna take a break and play something like Chrono Trigger, Resident Evil, FF7 or 8 or 9, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario All-Stars, Earthbound, Super Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island.. To name a few..

I just always find myself gravitating back to the games i played when i was growing up. Or, maybe they're just THAT awesome!

I'm just curious what everyones thoughts are about this and if anyone else is like this.

I didn't start as early as most so my "early" systems were n64, Gameboy Color, and Gamecube. 

Now im always up for Pokemon R/B/Y but other than that I've was raised on modern games so my go to system is the PS2 with Jak and Daxter, Sly, Xenosaga, Ratchet and Clank, Kingdom Hearts, .hack, Grandia III, Star Wars Battlefront, Metal Gear Solid 2/3, Radiata Stories, Tales of the Abyss, Persona 3/4, Disgaea, and so many more are my fall backs.

Still the 360/PS3 have plenty of nice games which im seeking out now that the next generation is upon us.

Part of this is going to be nostalgia.

As much as I love many a SNES game, reality tells me a lot of those games aren't as good as they really are.

Many older games were hard, not because they need to be, but because the controls weren't very tight and/or they were based on an arcade 'give me all your money' mentality.

That all being said...

My favorite systems are still the SNES and PS2; with much love giving out to the older PC games.

Edited by Tanis

• 2 weeks later...

ive got a psone ps2 and a ps3 ive got xbox 360 a gamecube and a wii but not being a employeed at the moment cant get a new generation but if the new games come out on computer i built one for college that plays games great and i might be able go for a while and not get a new system maybe i hope to get a job soon

I have an old fatty PS3 which I mostly just use as a JRPG machine and other than that I mostly stick to Nintendo consoles for their franchise games and I have a decent gaming PC for other uses. I keep a Wii U and a 3DS around but still haven't opted for a Vita because the price is a bit high and I haven't seen anything appealing on it yet. 

I might get a PS4 eventually when the price goes down and it gets some more games.

I have an old fatty PS3 which I mostly just use as a JRPG machine and other than that I mostly stick to Nintendo consoles for their franchise games and I have a decent gaming PC for other uses. I keep a Wii U and a 3DS around but still haven't opted for a Vita because the price is a bit high and I haven't seen anything appealing on it yet. 

I might get a PS4 eventually when the price goes down and it gets some more games.

Yeah thats a good idea, you should definitely wait before buying a PS4 until it gets some games. I bought one and pretty much none of the games appeal to me so it's just sitting around collecting dust.