irc banned account? pls help

astroboy85

hello

i've just setup my irc account, read through all of the instructions and registered my nickname and everything.

it did take a while for me to figure it out, because i'm a noob at this.

i still am having a few disconnection issues, and have a ghost account occasionally.

But think I know how to get around that.

Everything was fine until a little while ago, when i discovered i was banned for some reason...?

I'm confused, and am trying to do the right thing.

If i was spamming or flooding? (whatever that is) i apologize.

Please lift my ban, all i'm trying to do is download some awesome stuff from you guys.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers :)

username on irc is: AstroBoy85

Edited by astroboy85

hi valdearg

I was banned again, due to my connection issues, but have made a few tweaks hoping to have fixed a few issues.

Like making exceptions through my antivirus, and port forwarding.

Is there anything else that you could recommend I do to negate this from happening?

or if you could point me in the right direction of the information, that would be great.

Any help is appreciated :)

Cheers

Hey don't feel bad your not the only one, I recently found out that about a week or so ago I've been blocked too. It's not nice warning you or even let you know why, I dug around and found that downloading more than one bot is breaking a rule that I wasn't aware of....so if you have someone has kindness and some time can someone let me back in the Kametsu island...please

(User on IRC has been Night__Runner)

Hey don't feel bad your not the only one, I recently found out that about a week or so ago I've been blocked too. It's not nice warning you or even let you know why, I dug around and found that downloading more than one bot is breaking a rule that I wasn't aware of....so if you have someone has kindness and some time can someone let me back in the Kametsu island...please

(User on IRC has been Night__Runner)

idk who told you that. but its not a rule and there would really be no way to enforce such a silly rule since only the bot owner can see who is downloading from it... and we have a lot of people with bots.

also almost all bans are temporary like around 10 minutes and almost always it was another form of bot that did the banning.

idk who told you that. but its not a rule and there would really be no way to enforce such a silly rule since only the bot owner can see who is downloading from it... and we have a lot of people with bots.

also almost all bans are temporary like around 10 minutes and almost always it was another form of bot that did the banning.

So they are suppose to be a temporary ban?  Its been days/week that I've been seeing a dreadful "#Kametsu unable to join channel (address is banned)" on my mIRC for unknown reasoning (now I'm standing corrected) so I'm scratching my head trying to figure if its a possible IRC conflict or if I have been a horrible person?

So they are suppose to be a temporary ban?  Its been days/week that I've been seeing a dreadful "#Kametsu unable to join channel (address is banned)" on my mIRC for unknown reasoning (now I'm standing corrected) so I'm scratching my head trying to figure if its a possible IRC conflict or if I have been a horrible person?

You were banned for a similar reason. Joining and then quitting after 18 seconds.

I hope you have fixed this problem.

You were banned for a similar reason. Joining and then quitting after 18 seconds.

I hope you have fixed this problem.

Ahhh.. Thanks for the help JohnFlower, so I can prevent this from happening again. My internet provider had a lot of repairs done in the last month due to weather damages and then I had nothing for a week, explaining the reason. Thanks again man!