Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit Movies

char_clone

What your favorite Characters, Movies

My favorite character from the hobbit movie is bilbo baggins, gandalf, Balin,

Thranduil the Elvenking and Smaug also Legolas

My favorite Lord of the Rings Character From the Movie is gandalf, Boromir, Gimli, Gollum, Legolas,Théoden

My Favorite Movie The Lord Of The Rings is Fellowship Of the Ring

My Favorite For The Hobbit is The Desolation of Smaug

I like the hobbit, but I think its lost something with the over use of digital effects. I really liked the practical effects of the LOTR movies. The white orc/goblin is a prime example for me, yeah it looks good, but it also looks fake. I'm of the school, Visual effects are there to enhance the practical stuff, not do everything.

I like the hobbit, but I think its lost something with the over use of digital effects. I really liked the practical effects of the LOTR movies. The white orc/goblin is a prime example for me, yeah it looks good, but it also looks fake. I'm of the school, Visual effects are there to enhance the practical stuff, not do everything.

I agree the digital effects is used way to much, I preferred how the orcs and goblins looked in The Lord of the rings since it gave it a real feel to them.

Edited by char_clone

I loved the Lord of the Rings 3 movies!  Fav characters in them is Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, Samwise, Pippin and Merry.  I saw the Hobbit, which I liked a lot too, but haven't seen The Desolation of Smaug yet.

I think your gonna like The Desolation of Smaug, it has more action then the first movie and smaug is just plain awesome.

I saw the first hobbit for free and did not have that high hopes for it but thought it was better then i expected. I am not a Tolkien purest and liked all the fighting they added to it. The second one i payed for twice as other friends wanted me to go after i forked out for it already. This time i read a lot about it and how it had too much action so i expected more from it and was disappointed. I did not like the stupid love story between the lame elf lady and a dwarf at all. The most hyped up creature yet was a let down. Everyone raved of how massive  and awesome it was and when i saw it i was not impressed. For one it was not as big as i had heard and they changed the design from having six limbs to four. Now it was like a lame wyvern that all films seem to do these days. Still i have to give it to them that the voice was done well by Cumberbatch and the CG and the way it moved was convincing. All that effort for a beast that gets killed off easily. So sad. Well those creatures are outdated and should belong in silly fantasy stories to be killed off. I will still see the final Hobbit whatever people say about it.

Just wanted to add that i bought the LOTR BD extended trilogy for £20 as it was a good deal but am not in mood to watch them and may not for ages.

Edited by neodeathgod