BOTM: November/December/January

Apollo

16 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite!

• [img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb301/firedog420/banners/banner1_zpse0fc5c63.png[/img]
    • [img]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/SkyyreiProductions/Kametsu%20Banners/AutumnBanner_zps85ef300f.png[/img]

BANNER OF THE MONTH: NOVEMBER/DECEMBER/JANUARY

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by January 29.
  • Voting will take place between January 30 and February 6.
  • There is no theme this month; anything goes!
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Banners must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be 860 (or more) x160 pixels, with transparency on the right side. Animated banners are allowed.
  • Pre-made banners are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
Edited by Apollo

37278_hellsing-logo.jpg

This isn't really a banner and its not within the rules at all.

Indeed. I actually saw this "banner" right after it was posted, but I was too perplexed to even come up with a reply. But I'll try to at least start one.

So professa, do you understand that when we speak of banners in the context of this competition, we mean those things at the top of every page here at Kametsu? Also, read the rules.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Voting is FINALLY open.

I would like to apologize for being pretty much M.I.A. for the last couple of months. The holidays made me very lazy, and now that the holidays are over, I've been extremely busy. But I'm back, so I'll be cleaning things up in this section (like getting this thread out of the way for a fresh one for February).

OK! well I think if this thing actually picks up then the only banner to be on rotation should be the winner... if it picks up that is.

I agree.  If it picks up that is...especially with all the new members.  I can't give a for sure answer as I'm not a GFX Mod.  Apollo is technically the only GFX Mod for the entire graphics section.  poetictragedy was one but she is no longer.  Koby hasn't appointed another mod for the graphics section yet.

I agree.  If it picks up that is...especially with all the new members.  I can't give a for sure answer as I'm not a GFX Mod.  Apollo is technically the only GFX Mod for the entire graphics section.  poetictragedy was one but she is no longer.  Koby hasn't appointed another mod for the graphics section yet.

I think there should be 2 mods at least because to be handling both competitions will become difficult with time even tho right now it doesnt seem to be for Apollo right now. Hopefully Koby appoints someone *cough - you*.

• Like 1

I think there should be 2 mods at least because to be handling both competitions will become difficult with time even tho right now it doesnt seem to be for Apollo right now. Hopefully Koby appoints someone *cough - you*.

I agree.  This section ran a lot smoother with two.  That way if one wasn't able to that week...the other could do it and vice verse. 

:girl: I'd like to be one, but that is up to Koby.  Either way I hope someone is appointed soon to help Apollo with this section.

I agree.  This section ran a lot smoother with two.  That way if one wasn't able to that week...the other could do it and vice verse. 

:girl: I'd like to be one, but that is up to Koby.  Either way I hope someone is appointed soon to help Apollo with this section.

Yes me as well. As long as Apollo is willing then he can take care of both but I'm certain that he will not be able.

Yes me as well. As long as Apollo is willing then he can take care of both but I'm certain that he will not be able.

Yeah, I imagine this isn't easy for one person.  Hasn't really been operating.  Thou, activity has been low in this section.  I'm positive that will change with the merger.  A lot of member coming here from Cartoon World...some of them maybe wanting to enter these contest.

You better believe it, we got to 134 SOTW cometitions in C-W and I hope the graphics section moves over as well. I cant really say that for sure because I've been out of it for 4 years now. When C-W was still up and high. I was  a mod there but had to leave unannounced and after that I don't know what happened. But it is hard to keep track of 2 competitions, I know that first hand.

You better believe it, we got to 134 SOTW cometitions in C-W and I hope the graphics section moves over as well. I cant really say that for sure because I've been out of it for 4 years now. When C-W was still up and high. I was  a mod there but had to leave unannounced and after that I don't know what happened. But it is hard to keep track of 2 competitions, I know that first hand.

I imagine so...some things may be easier on your own, but sometimes you need a partner to be most effective.

I didn't think running BOTM and SOTW together was that hard, honestly. Because BOTM is only monthly, it was a breeze compared to the weekly SOTW contests.

That being said, there were times when I couldn't get to it, and had to ask somebody to cover for me.

And obviously, there's more to being a GFX mod than just setting up competitions.

• Like 1

I didn't think running BOTM and SOTW together was that hard, honestly. Because BOTM is only monthly, it was a breeze compared to the weekly SOTW contests.

That being said, there were times when I couldn't get to it, and had to ask somebody to cover for me.

And obviously, there's more to being a GFX mod than just setting up competitions.

Mo, just running the contest isn't that hard...and yes, there is more to it than just contest,

Well setting up competitions even though a pretty simple task is enough to make you stress over it, like closing it on time, opening it on time. If you want to be a part time that's different but taking it seriously is what makes it difficult. I know that being a mod is not just about setting but actually helping others and criticizing when good or bad is done as well as mankind decisions with your peers rather than deciding your own. So pretty much we're talking about high level politics here :)

Well maybe this can be taken more slow since there aren't that many active people yet but if soon it happens there will be no space for error.

just saying ;)