SOTW #127: Power Rangers

Apollo

wonTi.jpg

SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #127
Theme: Power Rangers!

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Saturday, October 26.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.

ATTENTIONYOU MUST HAVE A THEME SUBMITTED WITH YOUR ENTRY AT THE TIME OF VOTING! OTHERWISE YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE POLL!

Edited by Apollo

VOTING

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Monday, October 28.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your favorite signature ONLY. Each vote is worth one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signature you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

ENTRIES:

∂яεαмεя

PowerRangers_zps618caba1.jpg

Apollo

greenrangercopy_zps7224e26b.jpg

Edited by Apollo

I was never allowed to watch TV when I was a kid.  I wasn't able to watch TV til I was 13 and at that point Power Rangers seemed lame.  I went straight into anime and never went into anything else...and I could only watch TV because I started being left alone at home and learned how to reconnect all the cables on the TV and then unhook them before it was discovered I was watching TV,  I guess that is why I never got into them...I didn't grow up watching them.  The only thing I was ever allowed to watch was the news, CSI, and Survivor...which were my mother's favorite shows.

No one seems to be doing this one. Its already Tuesday night of the week after this contest...and not one entry. Hmmm...I don't think I've ever seen this.

Meh. The way the last several contests have been, I'm not surprised. The way its been, there would only be like one or two entries so far. I've been having to extend deadlines every single SOTW lately. Sometimes only by an extra week, but there were definitely some I had to extend TWO extra weeks. It's basically become SIGNATURE OF THIS THREE WEEKS. Hardly anyone participates anymore (I'm just as guilty). And because of the current format, voting really can't begin until we have at least four entries (three if and only if the actual participants don't vote). That's why each one keeps getting extended. It's taking that long to get four entries.

I'm thinking about switching back to the old way (just throw up a poll, vote for your first choice). You only need two entries for that. We're just not getting enough participation lately to support this current format.

Edited by Apollo

No one seems to be doing this one. Its already Tuesday night of the week after this contest...and not one entry. Hmmm...I don't think I've ever seen this.

Meh. The way the last several contests have been, I'm not surprised. The way its been, there would only be like one or two entries so far. I've been having to extend deadlines every single SOTW lately. Sometimes only by an extra week, but there were definitely some I had to extend TWO extra weeks. It's basically become SIGNATURE OF THIS THREE WEEKS. Hardly anyone participates anymore (I'm just as guilty). And because of the current format, voting really can't begin until we have at least four entries (three if and only if the actual participants don't vote). That's why each one keeps getting extended. It's taking that long to get four entries.

I'm thinking about switching back to the old way (just throw up a poll, vote for your first choice). You only need two entries for that. We're just not getting enough participation lately to support this current format.

Sadly, I've noticed the decline of entries.  I enter every week, usually, except for when I really don't like the theme...like this one.   I also believe we should go back to the old voting method.  There isn't a point to this voting method when not enough people enter.  Of course I'm not surprised by the decline of entries...school started back up and whatnot.  People just seem to be really busy.  I also don't know how long I'll be able to keep doing it.  I'll be in the hospital very soon and then will be juggling to small children...Sakura, who just started walking, and a infant.

awwww man, I loved power rangers as a kid. I totally had the biggest crush on the pink ranger :3 I'd definitely enter if I had any skills or knew what the crap I was doing lol. I hope we see some entries here, it would be interesting to see how people molest my childhood :P Someone should do a memorial piece for the yellow ranger, something like that would be classy.

Edited by Spacecreepkitan
  • Like 1

I did this entry just so there would be one. Its been nearly two weeks without an entry. My entry is pretty lame compared to what I normally do, but I hadn't planned on doing this one...so no passion was involved. At least there is an entry now.

PowerRangers_zps618caba1.jpg

Theme: Neko Girl

Actually, I think your entry is really cute! Also, not liking a theme is honestly a dumb reason not to enter. I can't tell you how many themes I entered where I didn't like or had never even heard of the random anime/visual novel/etc. but I still entered anyway. Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had time to very quickly throw something together. I had wanted to do Jason (the first red ranger) because he was my fav growing up, but I couldn't find any good renders, so I went with Tommy (the green ranger then white ranger) instead. I have to say, I'm so disappointed that this theme was wasted and like no one entered. Oh well...

greenrangercopy_zps7224e26b.jpg
Theme: Blue Exorcist

Edited by Apollo