what country should i choose for studying abroad ?

mid boss

(though i am not sure this is the the right forum however)

it happened that i graduated from high school and my country is taking care of paying everything to study on one country i might choose

the countries that available to study abroad are: USA,UK,China,Japan and Korea .

well i want your opinion on where should i go and if you gave me a details it would be nice ^_^ . but i want some reasons for them as well

personally i am thinking of going to Japan cuz one of the reasons that i am interested in learning Japanese and it would seems like something i am special with . beside that not much guys go there.oh yeah beside my loving for anime (guess that my main reason ^_^ )

but i am nervous about talking to my family about this.i mean cuz my english is good and all so i don't have to study any new language. i will study from the moment. i wanted some good points about japan so i can convince my family about going there

Wrong question.

Rather than asking which country to study in, you should really be focusing on what you would like to study. Then you can pick the best uni to suit your needs.

Also, just because you have an interest in anime, doesn't mean you will like Japan. Being an Asian country, their culture (and people) are very different from what you might know from the rest of the world. Basing a big decision such as this on a mere 'like' is childish and stupid.

I think John is right about the part that you really shouldn't choose Japan just because of your love of anime.  That is a weak reason.  You need to base where you study on what you like studying and want to study.  Consider the cultural differences and language barriers.  Cause where you choose to study is where you stay for awhile. 

Japan is a good place for studying, but if you don't speak some Japanese before going there, then you are going to fail all your classes. If you want to learn Japanese and understand the culture, then just move there and work a part time job. Of course, its one of the most expensive places to live in the world so you probably won't last long unless you get a good job.

Based on the above recommendations, you should consider an English country, or one that speaks English and another language (ex Canada while in Quebec). Still, pick where you want to go and which university or college based on what you are interested in, then research that in countries you are interested in. Otherwise you might just get stuck at a sucky university, or you go to a ridiculously prestigious academy and run out of money in a year.

You should pick the USA because we're practically like 50 countries put into one huehuehue. From California to Utah to Louisiana to New York you will have a very different experience no matter where you go.

Anyway that's nice of your school to pay for it all.

I would be a little wary of Japan though. It always bothers me when I'm watching anime and they call someone from another country (usually the US) a "foreigner". Here in the US if you're from another country we say the country like Mexican or British, not just "foreigner". I don't know, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Come on over to the U.S. will have a beer. We have a wide selection of universities and there's ton's of stuff to do when your not studying. Also there's at least one college for every field in the world in our country. Being made up of all different cultures we love having all manner of people come and study. Come on over live the American dream.

When I lived in Japan, plenty of people spoke English, especially near base. I will say that if you come in with expectations that it's gonna be an anime paradise, you'll be in for some major disappointment, because the way they view anime and manga is not the same way other countries do.

One example? It's normal for someone in the west to have a collection of manga. In Japan, people usually don't--they'll keep a few that are special to them, but otherwise in the trash it goes.

It would be majorly helpful if you'd tell us what you intend to study. Every country has its perks and interesting things to do, but not all of them will have an education that suits you personally. Take care of the big stuff, the important stuff, and the free time stuff will come easily.

Honestly, though, it seems like you're dead set on Japan. If that's the case, then I doubt anything we say will change your mind.

i think there is a little (big) misunderstanding cause i didn't tell you the whole situation

it's not my country that is going to pay for me to study abroad.it's a certain company.and this company will let me decide the country i am willing to study abroad and what i intend to study depending on my grades on high school and certain exams.after that they will teach me about 1 year(10 months) b4 sending me to a country depending on my grades. and the once who get the better grades most likely can choose what they will study in which county freely. so i am not sure if am going to choose what i want yet

in my case i am willing to study electricity engineering and i was putting japan like 3rd option like this :USA.UK.japan. but this year is a little different. they canceled this study from USA and UK .and allowed it in the countries in the far east in Asia(japan.korea.china) it feels like it was on purpose

the company let someone who was send in japan to tell us about his experience there so i have a little view in what it's like.so i am not sure if i should change what i want to study or go to the far east and study electricity engineering.

however thanks for your advices ^_^

People saying 'America! America!'... For what reason? Culture? People? Privacy (lold)? Freedom (lold again)? You are missing the point entirely.

Picking a place to study is a very big decision, right up there with buying your first house. It will be with you for the rest of your life. It should be a decision based predominantly on logic, and not some shotgun decision based on posters in a majority American forum.

In all honesty, we (I shouldn't speak for everyone, but heh) can't tell you which country is best for you. I would focus on passing exams first, with subjects relating to electrical engineering. Make sure you pick one or two subjects that aren't related to electrical engineering as well, as to not box yourself in with limited options.

If you're still taking classes and this isn't a sure thing, I'd definitely focus on the present. ouo

It's fine to be willing to study electrical engineering, but is that what you want? Is that something you're passionate about, something you really, really want to do? The way I look at it, this company wants or is willing to drop some money for you to go abroad, so it should be something that you care about, or at least something you think speaks to you on some level.

Every country has its perks. Japan is cool. I've known people who went to China and had a blast. The UK is cool, there are a lot of countries in a small area. The less I say about Korea, the better.

Anyway. Focus on your education. Pick a school you think will suit you and your learning style. It should benefit you as a student and as a person. In the process of learning about the schools, I promise you will learn about local sites and things to do, because there are loads of people who don't like going to school in underground bunkers far away from civilisation.