Explosions near the Boston Marathon finish line

GeekyAlex

Yeah I just got home and heard about this. :( It's crazy.  Now they're saying the death toll is in the double digits. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Boston. :(

I don't think they know who did it so I guess it's just a matter of time that we find out. I hope it's not a terrorist organization like it was 12 years ago..

That's absolutely terrible, they're lucky the explosions weren't bigger. Hopefully they can figure out who's behind this. I also can't help but notice in the comments that people seem really eager to blame Islam on this, as if there's no other option.

Update: Seems another bomb has gone off at JFK Library.

Edited by Prometheus1991

I thought the JFK library fire was unrelated.

I don't know if we have any folk here in or around Boston, but just in case: know that phone lines are tied up. Don't panic if you can't reach folk, try texting or reaching them online. Alternatively, make calls over wifi via Google or the like.

ETA: Some more information.

I thought the JFK library fire was unrelated.

I don't know if we have any folk here in or around Boston, but just in case: know that phone lines are tied up. Don't panic if you can't reach folk, try texting or reaching them online. Alternatively, make calls over wifi via Google or the like.

ETA: Some more information.

I can't say anything for certain but I'm watching this live and they're saying there was an explosion at the library around 4:30.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6254/web/?rl=rr

If anyone's interested in listening to the Boston emergency services live audio feed.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/15/boston-marathon-explosion-breaking-updates.html?source=socialflow&account=thedailybeast&medium=twitter

More info for anyone interested.

Edited by Prometheus1991

I've gotten four calls, and 3 texts from people worried about friends and family who were planning to run or attend... I really wish I could help them, but unfortunately, I don't know any of them, or the people they were calling for... So all I could do was inform them that they have the wrong number so that they could try again, and hopefully dial the right one the next time.

I don't know who is actually responsible for all of this, but it is a virtual guarantee that heads will roll by the time it is done.

It was crazy man.  I was up all night listening to the Boston PD radio, Twitter, and 4chan with everything live updating.  The moment I heard that they would commence the raids in the morning, I went to bed.

From the sounds of it, it sounds like the one guy got away.  I'm amazed how just one guy was able to get away from 10,000 cops.

Also my favorite thing from the radio was Kevin "In and Out, Real Quick" Brennan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNNgdoPNmgA

The manhunt is over!!!  The guy is in critical condition being shot in the leg and neck, but he's stable.

Now comes the interrogation part.  Is it just the two brothers?  Are there other bombings planned? Why did he do it?  Hopefully we get these answers in the next few weeks.