Yoichi Wada, Square Enix Japan CEO, Resigns

cloud1414

Some shocking news has recently come to light regarding the Japanese branch of Square Enix. Yoichi Wada, the CEO of the company, will be stepping down at the end of June. He will be replaced by Yosuke Matsuda, who is currently the representative director of the company.

Matsuda joined Square in 2001 as senior vice president and has steadily climbed the ranks of the company over the past dozen years. The exact date of his instatement has not been revealed as of yet.

This piece of news sure has spiced up what would have been a regular Tuesday evening. I’ll admit, I’m not entirely surprised; the company revealed that it lost quite a large sum of money last year, and just recently, they slashed their consolidated results forecast. The company is expecting less digital sales, and are expecting to lose just over $106 million USD.

What do all of you make of this? Do you think this will be good for the company, or is it too early to tell? Maybe a new boss is just what Square Enix needs to dig itself out of its current situation and win back its fans. Here’s hoping for an improvement

http://operationrainfall.com/yoichi-wada-resigns-june/

Honestly Square Enix hasn't released anything worthwhile to me since Kingdom Hearts II.

All they focus on these days are hand-held games and FF13 spin-offs.

FF13 and all of it's spin-offs have been utter crap...

The last FF worth playing was 12, and even it wasn't as good as past entries. Honestly... the merger between Enix and Square-soft has mostly seen terrible releases. Other good titles such as Grandia seem to have been forgotten since the last entry was Grandia III for PS2.

So the CEO leaving doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth at all. Hopefully the new CEO will get things back on track.

• Like 1

I have to say, some hand held games were fine. 3rd birthday was great, same as Crisis-core. Never got the chance to play type-0. but yeah those ios games such a slap in the face for the fans. People are still depanding KH3 and FF7 on PS3 but its like I keep on telling everyone, no KH3 until they are done with V13 and FF7 will take at least 10 years to redo everything to match the graphics like 13. Also they wont do it until they make a game that beats 7 so yeah thats never going to happen. Even though I think 6,8-10 are so much better then 7 imo.

I have to say, some hand held games were fine. 3rd birthday was great, same as Crisis-core. Never got the chance to play type-0. but yeah those ios games such a slap in the face for the fans. People are still depanding KH3 and FF7 on PS3 but its like I keep on telling everyone, no KH3 until they are done with V13 and FF7 will take at least 10 years to redo everything to match the graphics like 13. Also they wont do it until they make a game that beats 7 so yeah thats never going to happen. Even though I think 6,8-10 are so much better then 7 imo.

I haven't bought a hand-held since the original GBA. Small screens just aren't for me, and buying 2-3 consoles + 2-3 hand-helds is out of my budget. If they'd create a way to play hand-held games on the consoles, that'd be okay with me. They did so years ago with the "Super Gameboy" for SNES.

As for my favorite FF's... FF7 isn't even one of them.

My favorites are: FF4, FF9, FF10, FF8, and FF12 (in that order).

I haven't played 1, 2, or 3 yet however.