Question about banned people.

Their was a time, I believe maybe between the time the site went down or something like that, that for some reason I had an extended period of time off of the forums, and when i came back, their were a ton of people with hundreds and hundreds of posts and they were all banned, why was that out of curiosity. Been wondering for a loooong time!

Hmmm... I know what you mean.

One time I got bored and decided to look at some of the older topics here. Many people with a respectable amount of posts were "banned". It's kind of creepy. O.o Like there was a Civil War or something lol. These were from a long time ago though and not really recent so it may not be what you are talking about.

How old are you talking here?

People from my time (2006-ish on this iteration of the forum) were banned because their accounts were cracked and used for spamming. They were given an out--contact one of the staff if they decide to come back to the forum and get unbanned with the provision of changing their password immediately.

Any later than that, though, and I'm not sure. The only person, since my latest return, I've seen permanently banned who wasn't a spambot was trying to palm off malicious software onto us.

If you're talking about people who were active during the time you've been a member, it might have to do with chatbox fallout. You might be able to find something if you nose about some older threads. (I do it all the time.)