Need a little help

Ruku

Need some help my PC randomly crashes and when it restarts it doesnt detect the hard drives(all 3 of them) not sure

whats going on here any advice on what this could be would be gratefull.

what i've tried so far is takeing out all 3 HD's and trying one by one but same.

So the computer crashes and then the HD's aren't read on the next boot up, hmm try what Java said first as it could just be a physical problem with the cabling. Also why does your computer crash for? It can't be random, you must be pushing it to do something or somethings wrong with it, so some info on that might help us to help you with your problem.

Sorry was a bit vague, windows was randomly crashing under no stress just brousing web or even watching some stuff. when systom was restarted the drives

where not being detected by the bios. Tryed removeing and useing one of the 3 drives 120gig SSD and 2 x 3TB drives(need space for the anime heh ;) ) at a time useing same cables to no avale.

Then tryed with new cables as sujested and my SSD drive seemed to be the problem. Useing and older drive now and seems to be working no crash yet.

Yeah I was going to suggest next to update the firmware. You might want to check to make sure a sata port on your mobo isn't broken/loose. tbh this would be the first SSD I have heard anyone said broke on them, next time though you should get either a OCZ Vortex or a Samsung 840 pro (I have both and prefer the Vortex because the size of the screws are 'normal' sized HDD screws). If you're confident that its the hard drive that is having the issues you can load parted magic on a live disc and run a S.M.A.R.T. test to see if that comes up with anything, and if it points to a faulty SSD then send that shit back lol.

Testing now with with new firmware and different port and new cable, lets see if this works.

EDIT:

seems with above changes it's working fine now and windows rates it better with changes :exciting:

cheers for the help folks

Edited by An IP BreAKDoWN
Don't double post please