back ground pic help >>

Dark-hunter

It's plenty big--you can't actually see much of the image when it's your background. The forum layout hides pretty much all of it. I set it as mine temporarily and it went through okay. There's nothing in your permissions that say you can't set it as your background. Did you hit "Tile the image" so you can see it off to the sides?

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but I want to make sure before I start asking you to screenshot the process or something...

Is this the link you are using for your picture?

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8467/turnfaceintoassxdlolcop.jpg

I used it myself and it worked fine. Your permissions haven't been changed, so it should be working. Have you tried testing it with another image to see if it's not a bug? You can try my background for a minute.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59330208/back.png

And really, you can't see much of it on your profile anyway. Here's what it looks like on mine.

• 2 months later...

Oh. Maybe it just shows for me because it's my own profile? I tried logging out to view my profile, but I guess guests can't even view profiles?

EDIT: Oh, of course it shows up fine now. >_> I had tried removing customization and that's how I got the white rectangle. Then it wouldn't go away. But it appears to be fixed now magically.

Edited by poetictragedy

(It's also only a cover image on Brave. It shows as a background on the other skins. I learnt this just now.)

I intend to edit the other skins to make them cover photos as well just so everything is in-line.

I tried logging out to view my profile, but I guess guests can't even view profiles?

Yeah, I think barring guests from viewing profiles is to keep them from harvesting information.

Yeah, that's a default feature of IP.Board for that reason. It also doesn't seem to count non-validated and banned members as part of the member count, and a handful of other nifty things that I ain't use to.