HOLY CRAP it has been a nightmare!

Shazi

Moving SUCKS GUYS never do it, like seriously, it sucks balls.

let me start with saying that the day i moved (the 29th of Novemeber) was A 40 DEGREE DAY (which is 104f for anyone not familiar with Celsius and I had to get the keys from the old house, back to the real estate by 6pm, which, when you can't start any earlier than 9am and you're moving from one side of a city to the other, IS DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.

then there is the whole unpacking everything and getting the actual house set up, which with the rush we were in wasn't going to happen until the old house was emptied, AND cleaned.

I got a message the next day from my old real estate saying that apparently we hadn't cleaned the house enough. which meant going ALL the way across town with cleaning supplies and gardening tools to finish what was nothing more than a nitpicky real estate agent with a giant stick up her ass and the power to without our bond money from us.

so i spent a whole day, cleaning this empty flat and gardening.... only to come home to a still unpacked house. Dart needed to get onto cricket stuff and my new housemate need to get his own shit in order.

*SIGH*

then then was the internet fiasco which as only just ended.

we disconnected our internet from the old house on the 29th of November, it was due to be reconnected on the 5th of December. HOWEVER there was a severe hailstorm on the 3rd of Decemeber in my area which damaged the phone exchange, which meant.... we had no internet. i called the provider and was told the lines would be repaired by the 11th, thankfully they were done on the 9th. but that was when our modem decided to shit itself and constantly reset. i then decided it was a good idea to call the provider again and see if they could do something about it.

they sent me a replacement, free of charge and upgraded.

but they sent it to the wrong house. So i had to call the delivery company to let them know that the provider (despite knowing full well that my address had changed and are sending their service to said address) had given them the wrong address and could they please deliver it to the right one at the earliest continence.

WHICH WAS TODAY! thank god for that

• Like 3

Ah, I'm glad everything turned out well in the end! I hate packing and unpacking. At the end of our move this year, it got to the point where I was just shoving things into garbage bags just to get it out of the way. We're still not fully unpacked--bad habit I picked up from my dad. I've moved an average of once every three years since I've been born--my four year stint in the military alone meant moving five times between bases and dorms.

And congrats on being in a place you love!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been through similar experienceS. I move around a lot. I've changed more than 12 houses, as far as I can recall, even though I own an appartment. My work, however, requires that I move from one city/country to another. The worst part is the internet, I agree, but the truth is, the worst part of it is the people you get to know during your stay in those places. The financial burden is also very very frustrating.

Anyhow, Mr.Dinasour, when you "gotta do it, you gotta do it"! A lot of things can be just as annoying; try to make the best out of it I suppose; you are a dinasour after all!

Broke up mutually with my lady I was wife for 17 years so obviously with my son involved I had to move home and it is a stress and a half, for sure!

The unpacking bit has to be the worst because you have to decide what is crap or not and with me being electronics engineer/programmer that hordes stuff its hard to let go of anything even if its a slab of 4 meg ram or soundblaster 128 card in a box lol. People say chuck it out but I've been saved a few times hording so no way.

Broke up mutually with my lady I was wife for 17 years so obviously with my son involved I had to move home and it is a stress and a half, for sure!

The unpacking bit has to be the worst because you have to decide what is crap or not and with me being electronics engineer/programmer that hordes stuff its hard to let go of anything even if its a slab of 4 meg ram or soundblaster 128 card in a box lol. People say chuck it out but I've been saved a few times hording so no way.

Sorry about the breakup, but sometimes it's better to end a relationship on good terms.

As for the computer parts... Unless you're building an outdated machine for use in playing old games that you could easily set up emulation for on a modern machine, it's safe to just get rid of them.