How It Feels To Be Treated Like A Beast Instead Of A Human

AxelVIII

As far back as I can remember I have been hated by humans,
They have always found me to be a nuisance wherever I went,
Nothing more than something to laugh at and make fun of.
Eighteen years I have been looked down upon,
My life worth nothing more than the air I breathe,
I have never been treated by outsiders like a person, but as a beast,
As if I feel nothing,
No emotion.
I never had friends,
No one I could trust.
I have always been hated by humans,
All they would do is harm me,
I never felt safe leaving my solitary confines.
I never feel safe leaving.
I always hole up in my dark corner with my eyes closed, and the Music blaring to drown out the voices in my head that tell me I will Never amount to anything,
That I will never matter to anyone.
I stay in the Darkness where I see and Fear nothing.
To stay in the Light is to see everything, to fear everything.
If the Darkness is where I live then am I never to be accepted by Those who dwell in the Light?
By those who call themselves Angels?

Edited by AxelVIII
  • Like 2

This could easily be expanded into a short story of some kind.

It doesn't fit any poetic meter that I know, but that's not always a bad thing. Free verse has a purpose too.

Might be a nit picky thing... but the text color and alternate text background just look funny to me. I think it would look better with the standard forum colors.

All in all though, not a bad piece, you should definitely continue writing.

This could easily be expanded into a short story of some kind.

It doesn't fit any poetic meter that I know, but that's not always a bad thing. Free verse has a purpose too.

Might be a nit picky thing... but the text color and alternate text background just look funny to me. I think it would look better with the standard forum colors.

All in all though, not a bad piece, you should definitely continue writing.

I agree with the color thing, but that's how it turned out after I copied and pasted, ya?

An easy way to remove formatting from copy/pasted text is the eraser button. It's the second button on the top row of editing options.

ETA: I went ahead and did it for you since I was already in there adding the tag.

Thanks for the help EO, I'll have to remember that. There is so much I need to lean here.lol.

I take that as a compliment Dark, truly I thank you for it, but I do not believe my work to be as good as you make it sound. But I'll post a few more, atleast til someone tells me it's crap.lol.

You are most welcome and that tends to be how it goes, most writers aren't exactly proud of their work straight away, they need critism, some people even think all their work is garbage until told otherwise.

• Like 1

That's kind of you. They are here:

http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?/topic/33580-my-story-ideas/ -This was simply an idea, I planned to write it into a story if ppl liked it but no one did so it was left behind.

http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?/topic/33622-vampire-story/ -This is actually a story I'm still doing, it has 4 chapters done now, haven't worked on it in a while.

You can say there terrible if you wish, posting them on here and the amount of attention they got made that kind of clear so don't worry about hurting my feelings, be honest lol.

• Like 1