Olympic Finale

Zanco

JESUS!!! Did you guys SEE that!? With the David Bowie, and-and-and, the Russle Brand, and-and-and, QUEEEEEEEN!!!!! FUCKING QUEEN FOR POO SAKE! I don't know who this Jessy J chick is but I think I'm a fan after I saw her sing 'We Will Rock you'. But even better than that... PINK FLOYD!!!!

I couldn't believe that shit!!! I cried for the first time in a long time... "Oh how I wish you were here..."

... Oh and some thing about the Beatles.

But did you guys see it? Did you have fun watching the Olympics? Talk all about how your country lost to the U.S. bellow.

((Thank you for moving this to the right location for me. I thought I'd but it in Balamb just to be safe.))

Edited by Zanco

I didn't keep up with the Olympics at all, but my roommate did read off some medal tallies to us a little while ago.

Jessie J is an artist from London--she did the songs Price Tag, Domino, Laserlight, and Do It Like A Dude. I really like her, though a couple articles seem to be annoyed with her presence in the finale for some reason.

Well, apparently that’s what the director, Stephen Daldry, believes, since he not only had the provincially popular songstress singing the Bee Gees’ “You Should Be Dancin’” but also reappearing at the big finale to belt out “We Will Rock You.” There is no cold shower quite like the one that occurs when the surprise lead singer for a climactic Queen reunion turns out to be Jessie J.

Link.

I didn't keep up with the Olympics at all, but my roommate did read off some medal tallies to us a little while ago.

Jessie J is an artist from London--she did the songs Price Tag, Domino, Laserlight, and Do It Like A Dude. I really like her, though a couple articles seem to be annoyed with her presence in the finale for some reason.

Well, apparently that’s what the director, Stephen Daldry, believes, since he not only had the provincially popular songstress singing the Bee Gees’ “You Should Be Dancin’” but also reappearing at the big finale to belt out “We Will Rock You.” There is no cold shower quite like the one that occurs when the surprise lead singer for a climactic Queen reunion turns out to be Jessie J.

Link.

What? How could any one be troubled by that beautiful woman, with that beautiful voice? To me that just sounds like hipsters who don't like any thing that every one likes, even if it's good. ...Well it's not my place to judge. At any rate, even though I don't listen to most of the music that's come out since 1997, I still find this woman charming and I'll probably buy an album to see if I like her music.

Edited by Zanco

Yeah all my British friends loved it. Got mad every time I joked about something lol. Like "Fatman".

My favorite part was the guitar solo by Brian May I think.

Only think I didn't like was how long it seemed. I don't know if it was just me, but Beijing and Vancouver seemed a lot shorter. I was like alright "Who"ever you are let's wrap it up.

really proud of how we [england] did in the olymics. A tiny island nation coming third to the behemoths of china and usa.

we did really well in the equestrian events, which is what I'm really interested in. Beat Germany in the dressage-never happens. Its like England winning something worthwhile in football.

The English football team is a disgrace in all its aspects and in every regard.

But if you looked at the Olympics in a Medals-Capita then England did very, very well.

• Like 1