Hello everyone

SerafinaStar

I tend to be a lurker on most forums but thought I’d introduce myself here. I found Kametsu through Google search while trying to find an anime series. So far from what I have seen the forums seem really great. I’ve been to some forums where new people/noobs/whatever you wish to call them are bashed so I’m always hesitant on posting. I’m not exactly the most outgoing person (in other words I am shy) which is why I became a lurker. I am in college right now working on an IT degree trying to figure out which area I really want to focus on (Programming or Web Design/Development) and in my spare time I enjoy watching anime (subbed and dubbed).

I think my very first anime was actually when I was in middle school and one of my friends would draw a lot of Sailor Moon characters so I started watching it back when it was on Toonami in the afternoons along with DragonBall Z (forgive me if the names wrong I can never keep the series straight). Now though I’ve gotten into Bleach, Naruto (Shippuden series was what I was searching for), Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, Pandora Hearts, Twelve Kingdoms and many others. I am always searching for new anime to watch though.

Also, I’m willing to donate for IRC Bot costs or whatever but I’m a bit confused on which place I should donate. Should I donate through the button here on the forums (which goes to Koby I believe) or should I donate from the link in the IRC (An IP BreAKDoWN’s donation link). I don’t have much to give, just thought I’d donate here rather than another filesharing site.

Thanks to the tutorials on the forums I tried IRC for the first time when I signed up here and am amazed at how simple it is. All the posts I usually read made it seem so frustrating and hard but it’s just as easy as downloading anywhere else. Wow, sorry for the long introduction.

Welcome to Kametsu. We're nice to new members, and try to be a friendly community to discuss common interests with others, though we have an abundance of lurkers/leechers, that simply hit the downloads and run, or spam simply to access them before running away which really eats at peoples kindness.

I think a lot of people who grew up in the USA during the 90's found their way towards anime via Toonami with Dragon Ball Z, including myself. Although surprisingly other shows such as Speed Racer turned out to actually be anime as well.

As far as donating. You can simply donate here on the forum if you wish. Everything donated on the forum goes towards the websites server as well as my bots server which currently hosts [Kametsu]Xide, [Kametsu]Kuu-chan, and Toons|Bot in the IRC channel. Also I offer direct download access to my server for donators.

You can donate to An-IP-BreAKDoWN if you wish, but that goes only towards that specific bot, since it's his.

I'm glad we were able to help you understand IRC, it's a great tool for communication as well as downloads.

Hope you enjoy your stay, and perhaps you'll not be a lurker here. =P

I think what I will do is just split what I was planning to donate between the two. Completely understand how spammers can get on the nerves. Usually in other forums when I would download from the links posted, I would say thanks for posting and talk about the quality or if I liked the show or not, but sometimes worried that might be viewed as spamming which wasn't my intention at all. I didn't know Speed Racer was an anime until a couple years ago. Thanks for the welcome.

Whether saying thanks is viewed as spamming depends on the forum. Some larger fora prefer people didn't post only "thanks", giving them alternatives like "Thanks!" buttons (akin to the Like This button we have now) or the ability to mark their post as a Thanks post so it can be filtered out--mostly so people can actually see posts about the quality of the download, whether there's any issues and fixes for those issues without having to trawl through five hundred "thanks, this is great" posts. There's rarely anything wrong with discussing the download itself.

And there's nothing wrong with being a lurker! Best way to get a feel for the community, haha. On one forum I've been a member of since 2005 I managed to make only 92 posts. I made all of three posts in 2011 and the last post prior to that was from 2008.

I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Welcome to Kametsu. I think you will really enjoy yourself here, I know I have. I came here while ago and got sucked into the site.....they haven't let me go yet. I hope that you enjoy your stay here with us and If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Edited by Reptoholic

Hey, welcome to Kametsu, we be friendly here. It also be nice meetin ya. I usually tend not to get into forum sites. In fact, this the first and only forum I have ever stayed on. Just something about Kametsu that keeps me coming back. I even talked to my husband about this site. Even he liked it enough to sign on. Even thou we both have different interests (I am a graphics and anime person/he is a gamer) this site covers it all. :)